Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date someone with the same name as your brother?
MisterTinkles Wrote:What about dating someone with the same EXACT name as you?

Like, lets say your name is John Greene. Would you date another guy named John Greene?

go fuck yourself

Smile Wink

Well given I don't have a brother... Yes?

And the same name of... you? LOL

If I like a person I don't really care about his/her name... Also I give a lot of nicknames, so...

That really wouldn't bother me to be honest.

I do flat refuse to date anyone by the name of Mom or Dad... Does that count?:tongue:

I would be less inclined to date a person who shares my name (David).

However in friendships the way that works out, we call each other 'Dave'. My Exe's brother (who I still think of as brother-in-law) is David to everyone else but me, and I am David to everyone else but him. I'm the only one allowed to call him Dave and he is the only one allowed to call me Dave.

IDK - Maybe if there is a real connection in every other aspect and we worked out the Dave thing I could date another David.

Names that trigger not so happy memories in me, like Vince(nt) (My second partner) I would be leery of getting involved with. There is trauma there that I haven't fully resolved. I would be most uncomfortable trying to 'relive' that and most likely would feel like I was trying to redo relationship #2.

The name Kenny (My mother's husband) perturbed me to the point where I flat refused to make friends with anyone with a derivative of Kenny, Ken, Kenneth - let alone date them. There is a wee bit of trauma in my life which the name would trigger in me.

I got over that through the decades. Lots of therapy. Lots....:biggrin:. One of the ways is I stopped thinking of that guy as 'Kenny' and started thinking of him as 'My mother's husband'. The other thing that makes it easier is he died in 2006. With both his and my mother's deaths a lot suddenly self resolved in that department.

First names do not perturb me as much as last names. The majority of the men who I have been in a relationship with had the last name of Williams.
#2, #3, #5, and #6 where all Williams - no direct relation, just a common enough name I guess.

BTW I have only attempted the relationship thing 6 times - 4 out of 6 sharing the same last name can't be that much of a coincidence - can it?

On the flip side here, I always wanted to be in a relationship with a guy named Jonathan. Why? Because of 1st Samuel in the Bible: David and Johnathan.

Its only a name.

Id be more interested in the person than what he was called.

ObW
X

MisterTinkles Wrote:What about dating someone with the same EXACT name as you?

Like, lets say your name is John Greene. Would you date another guy named John Greene?

Yes..

quite frankly I fail to see the problem..

besides, your not even John Green, your birth certificate gave you an ID number and for all legal intents and purposes you are that number..

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I do flat refuse to date anyone by the name of Mom or Dad... Does that count?:tongue:

The name Kenny (My mother's husband) perturbed me to the point where I flat refused to make friends with anyone with a derivative of Kenny, Ken, Kenneth - let alone date them. There is a wee bit of trauma in my life which the name would trigger in me.

Sooooooooooooooooooo, why the fascination with me then??

Things that make you go "HMMMMMMMMMMM".....

Faga1

Woollyhats Wrote:LOL GROSS.

But yes, it's a weird thing to be a deal breaker.

And besides, my boyfriend has the same name as me, I'm in no position to be judging. Seriously, it's not even dating it's just narcissistic masturbation, when you go out with the same person as yourself whose name are you going to say when making out/sex (No, I haven't actually done this, perverts)?

That's right. Bet you wish you were dating someone with the same name as yourself too now.

Unfortunately, the world can't contain that much conceit.

So, are you guys "#1" and "#2" then????
Rofl

Uum good question.

Im skeptical, very skeptical about dating somebody with the same name as myself.

And I've already done it and even though I almost didn't, I though "what the hell, its only a name"

That "thing" was biggest waste of time, its the only one i dont look back at with fond memories, we had nothing NOTHING in common. In the end is was painfully honest.

So the one time i threw caution to the wind about a name it didnt end well.

And the name thing bothered me… we tried to re-name me! Didnt work.

So misterTinkles you shouldnt judge people with same name see?

Also have issue if they have my dads name so for that reason im pleased i have no brothers, just sisters.

SO… i would but id rather my bf have a different name to be honest