Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you donate your organs?
I would happily donate... To give a piece of my life to save that of anothers is something i feel should be cherished also if i can donate in life id do that too Smile

zeon Wrote:I would happily donate... To give a piece of my life to save that of anothers is something i feel should be cherished also if i can donate in life id do that too Smile

aww thats a sweet way to put it

Yup. I'm registered.Confusedmile:
I don't think i would donate one while i'm still alive mind, unless it was someone i know.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Yea, I'm on the list. They must have been quite happy about it as they sent me two letters and cards confirming it. I hope they don't have me on the list twice... That could be a dissapointment.

I do find it weird sometimes that someone out there is probably waiting for me to die. But I doesn't bother me. When I'm dead, I'm dead, so no need for my organs.

Although, I have thought about a Zombie apocolypse or a rise of the dead etc... I always ask people why they would want to be cremated. Such a waste if you ask me, but it's there choice. I'm hoping if there is a rise of the dead type thing, I hope that my organs corrupt the people I am inside, and some how I am able to live on through them. Yes this is somewhat a joke.

I have a living well and a few other papers drawn-up.

In short yes I am a donor. Its a bit more complex. If I am brain dead, they can keep my body up to 60 days in order to 'harvest' organs.... That means they can keep me on a machine and keep the body alive long enough to use materials. I know, it sounds kind of scary.

My body is 'donated' to medical science - or whatever is left of it. Most likely a bunch of students will stand around and faint/puke or both while the body is dissected...

Whatever is left over (if anything) is to be cremated and thrown away - where ever.

In my mind the body is but a shell, a bottle that holds the essence.

I want to register when i'm old enough. If something happens where i'm brain-dead or just plain ol' dead and my organs are still healthy, I want someone who needs them to have them. I'm not particularly religious, though I still have my views. But I tend to rely on realism and it tells me I probably won't need those organs after i'm stone cold Tongue

Hell Yeah! I def wont need them and if I can save someones life why not. I am an organ donor and its marked on my license.

I have just finished reading about a 14 year old boy who lives just up the road from me that is in desperate need of lungs. He has Jet Skied the length of the Murray River (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_River) on the NSW/Victoria border in order to raise awareness of the lack of donar organs.

He finished his marathon and was rushed to hspital where he remain for a few months. Such a vibrant, intelligent and inspiring young man with dreams and desires beyond what his body is able to provide for him.

He deserves a set of lungs, so yes I would donate my organs in the hope that my organs would provide those sorts of dreams and to such inspiring people.
http://www.murraycodd.com/
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/child...6203026250

My body is probably gonna fall apart, and my organs would be worthless anyway. Besides, in my opinion, organ donation is a form of human sacrifice. Also, I don't think humans could handle my alien organs (insert joke here)

Yes, I'm a donor, everything except skin and eyes Confusedmile:

Given the lack of suitable donors I think we should have a system of presumed consent, if you dont want to donate you opt out.