Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you ever get married?
Well, same sex marriage is legal here in Norway, however no, I wouldn't want to get married. I love my partner very much, but no marrying and I'm glad he thinks the same say.

I want to marry the man I love. Smile
An eye for an eye

My partner and I did the PACS thing here in France. We'd already been together for many years so it didn't really change things, but it was good from a legal perspective. Marriage would have been better though.

I think I would like to.

Yeah, if it's okay with my boyfriend.Confusedmile:

when mr. takes my breath away is also mr. right, then perhaps maybe I may get married...conversely, I hope i'm his mr. takes his breath away and his mr. right

My response is in three parts.

The use of the word marriage, in context of our relationships,
Under what circumstances I would consent to having such a union ceremony,
And If I think it is necessary

The use of the word marriage, in context of our relationships,
Even though I have posted this under debates I still maintain my position (my opinion please) regards the use of the descriptive "marriage" as is applied to our relationships. For that, please refer that post, use of the word marriage

Under what circumstances I would consent to having a union ceremony,
I would however consent to a civil union or any other descriptive of the same significance, If my partner wished it.

Do I think it is necessary
For me, personally, it's of no significance as 2 people can have a wonderful, for-filling relationship, and be legally protected without a union / marriage certificate. (see posting a "mutts" tale)

Just for the record, here in the USA a "civil union" does NOT make you family and therefore you have no rights shared with your partner as someone married. Therefore in the USA "civil unions" are not enough. And the whole thing "can't call it marriage" is absurd anyway. Maybe we shouldn't call it marriage when different races marry, either.

Well, I've said it before. No matter how much of a Mushy Romantic person I am, I do not personally believe in Marriage.

I'm not opposed to it if it's the right guy and he wants it and I can mutually relate, but otherwise I'm not really interested.

I don't like any marriage, gay or straight, but if it makes people happy and gives them benefits, then good on them. I just probably won't be rocking a ring or wedding gown no time soon gurls.

I would like to marry the right man, absolutely.

Now just have to find him

Richard