Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you get married in my Chapel in Port au Persil, Quebec?
Hello Everyone,

I am interested in your feedback. I own a small chapel in Port-au-Persil, Quebec, and would like to know if couples would be interested in getting married and having their wedding reception on my property. (Photos attached)

Port-au-Persil is a tiny hamlet delicately poised at the bottom of a small bay bordering the St-Lawrence river, in the region of Charlevoix. Hidden away from the main road, it was founded in the 19th century by my ancestor Neil McLaren.

In 1893, his son built the small white chapel that we find near the boulders, bordering the river. This is where I would like to hold the weddings.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i sure as hell would!! that place looks buetifulConfusedmile:

Of course! Oh man, so beautiful! Is gay marriage legal there? :?

You have a chapel? Beautiful as your house, chapel and the area in which you live appear (I'm certainly fighting off feelings of jealousy Wink ) you are presumably running or seeking to exploit your chapel as a business and your unusual first post comes across to me as a thinly veiled piece of advertising. As such it is contrary to the spirit of this forum and to the forum rules.

3. Do not spam the site trying to promote a particular website/product/service in posts or signatures. (website links are allowed in profiles)

Perhaps you could say something about your purpose in making this your first post. I don't like thinking ill of people.

marshlander Wrote:You have a chapel? Beautiful as your house, chapel and the area in which you live appear (I'm certainly fighting off feelings of jealousy Wink ) you are presumably running or seeking to exploit your chapel as a business and your unusual first post comes across to me as a thinly veiled piece of advertising. As such it is contrary to the spirit of this forum and to the forum rules.

3. Do not spam the site trying to promote a particular website/product/service in posts or signatures. (website links are allowed in profiles)

Perhaps you could say something about your purpose in making this your first post. I don't like thinking ill of people.

Isn't it kind of nice that some people are just trying to economically exploit gay marriage rather than resist it? :p

@Ryan, yes gay marriage is legal here in Quebec. Although, like fuck am I driving 5 hours to the Charlevoix for a marriage.

Absolutely beautiful, who would not want to get married in a chapel that's in paradise..

marshlander Wrote:You have a chapel? Beautiful as your house, chapel and the area in which you live appear (I'm certainly fighting off feelings of jealousy Wink ) you are presumably running or seeking to exploit your chapel as a business and your unusual first post comes across to me as a thinly veiled piece of advertising. As such it is contrary to the spirit of this forum and to the forum rules.

I don't think he is advertising. I think he is asking business advice from gay people regarding gay marriage "tourism".

As to the question, It is beautiful, and I certainly wouldn't mind getting married there. Though, if I were to get Married, I would probably just have the ceremony and reception where I live and find the nearest vacation spot that allows gay marriage (in my case, the general areas of Calgary or Vancouver) and go there for a honeymoon and get it legalized quickly. Gay Canadians can stay put and get married. New Engenders, now that NY and MA have gay marriage, can go to Martha's Vineyard, the Catskills, the Adirondacks, the Berkshires, or even Fire Island and still be closer to home. I would say that you have missed the peak for Gay Marriage tourism in your area. Though, you may still be able to make a decent living at it. There are many people, gay and straight, who travel to get married.

Hey if i were getting married i would love to use the chapel, but sadly i am single.

Like a lot of people I like going to Quebec. It makes me feel like a foreigner but with none of the inconveniences of foreign travel. Plus French Canadians are flat out gorgeous.

On the other hand when I saw this post it sure does look like an advertisement.

wow, is a nice place , but i have no bf, and no marriage allowed here in china, what a pity....