Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you go out with a Disabled person?
Ralwatt Wrote:Well... now I'm confused.

[Image: thpat.gif]

sweetlad86 Wrote:Its no problem for me to tell people what I have wrong with me.
I have what is called MD aka Muscular dystrophy Becker (more info here Muscular dystrophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I only started the thread as Anonymously because I wanted a honest answer off people with out feeling bad towards me..

[Image: clear.gif]
I'd go out with you. I misunerstood your condition for a sec there. How severe is it? Does it degenerate? Or are there different types?

Really good question.

I suppose, if I'm 100% honest, it would depend on the type and severity of the disability. To get to the position of loving someone you have to allow yourself to get to know them well enough, and if they were severly disabled then I might not get to that stage easily.

I have a couple of deaf friends, as well as one who's in a wheelchair, and those kind of disabilities wouldn't be an issue at all, but a severe physical or mental disability would certainly make me hold back and not enter into a relationship easily.

The same goes for men who snore or have really cold feet.

I should first admit that I only read the first page of postings

Second and most importantly
I don't think that a person's disability should come into the equation of love. I can say this because my cousiin Paul has a disabled wife, and he and her are no different than any other couple that I know. When he met her he didn't want to fall in love with her, but that's what happened. You cannot be reasonably expected to control who you fall in love with, if it happens to be a disabled person than so be it, it makes life harder but deal with it.

Richard

if it was somone with learning disabilities and someone not are you allowd to be boyfrinds.or not. i dont now you can be very very good bestfrind thoh!Confusedmile:

joseph Wrote:if it was somone with learning disabilities and someone not are you allowd to be boyfrinds.or not. i dont now you can be very very good bestfrind thoh!Confusedmile:

joseph, no one has made any rules about who can fall in love with another person.

Someone famous said: "Love is blind"... meaning that there is no rule for falling in love.

I fell in love, by accident, with a young man a million miles away from me. We never met but for four months our love was more deep and more pure than I ever felt. My poor matey is now very ill, maybe mentally insane and there is nothing I can do... That is the way love is. You can never know what it will bring.

fjp999 Wrote:joseph, no one has made any rules about who can fall in love with another person.

Quite true. However people have always decided on who they would consider a suitable match. I live alone, I support myself financially speaking, I am , from a practical perspective independent, if people were to consider my boyfriend to be unsuitable then I am quite able to ignore them and carry on regardless. If you are dependant on other people (whether because of disability or other reasons) then it just isn't that simple. What if the people you are dependant on don't approve of homosexuality at all?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I wouldn't cause I have a long list with to-do's and would like to enjoy it with my partner

I think it depends upon a mixture of things, it doesn't rely upon someone physical ability.

I think that it shouldn't matter. It definitely doesn't to me, but sadly there ARE people out there to whom it really WILL matter. Sucks. When you find the right person though it won't matter. Have faith Smile