Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you go skydiving?
Sil Wrote:You make some interesting threads, Cutie ^_^

I'd probably be all "hell yeah" until I was actually up there in a buzzing aeroplane with a parachute on my back... I guess it would be worth it though, face your fear and all.
Seconded.

So say, on the fence.
Want to atleast once.Confusedmile:
My fear of heights(and death) says NOOOOOOOOOO.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I am terrified of heights but I was almost talked into it once or twice by this group of guys who came ino the bar who skydived once a month. I decided against it.

I developed my fear of heights one day when I was 30...literally overnight. I remember one time in Oahu right after that I was on the 20th floor in a hotel and my knees bucxkled when I got close to the sliding glass door...couldn't even make it to the balcony. Prior to this development I was a daredevil...never have figured it out.

eastofeden Wrote:.....
I developed my fear of heights one day when I was 30...literally overnight. I remember one time in Oahu right after that I was on the 20th floor in a hotel and my knees bucxkled when I got close to the sliding glass door...couldn't even make it to the balcony. Prior to this development I was a daredevil...never have figured it out.
Hmmmm, how strange.
Did you hit your head around then?:confused:

I think it was flashbacks...in a nutshell I was born to the biggest bullies in HS...the QB and the head cheerleader...the homecoming king and queen...my parents were a*sholes and one of the things my father enjoyed was hanging me over places like the Grand Canyon by my finger and pretending he was gonna drop me while he was drunk...or pretending to go off the side of a mountain when he was driving...I pushed away my terror concerning that and so many other even worse things they did for years and I think it came back to me all at once...or at least that is my best guess.

eastofeden Wrote:I think it was flashbacks...in a nutshell I was born to the biggest bullies in HS...the QB and the head cheerleader...the homecoming king and queen...my parents were a*sholes and one of the things my father enjoyed was hanging me over places like the Grand Canyon by my finger and pretending he was gonna drop me while he was drunk...or pretending to go off the side of a mountain when he was driving...I pushed away my terror concerning that and so many other even worse things they did for years and I think it came back to me all at once...or at least that is my best guess.
:eek:
Yeah, that could be it.

Sorry about poking my nose in, i didn't know it was rooted to something quite....trumatic frankly.:redfaceSadBut then again, most fears are.)

Genersis Wrote::eek:
Yeah, that could be it.

Sorry about poking my nose in, i didn't know it was rooted to something quite....trumatic frankly.:redfaceSadBut then again, most fears are.)

No problem at all Genersis..I am not even sure that is what it was but it is my best guess...my therapist helped me come to that conclusion but I still think it might be something else as well...probably was a contributing factor though.

most definitely

eastofeden Wrote:I am terrified of heights but I was almost talked into it once or twice by this group of guys who came ino the bar who skydived once a month. I decided against it.

Interesting story. So if you were a daredevil, do you mind telling us what ya did that made ya one? Cool

i would love to do this

it would be an amazing rush and experience

Cutieboy Wrote:Interesting story. So if you were a daredevil, do you mind telling us what ya did that made ya one? Cool

LOL...well...not really sure I want to share because it is embarrassing now...I was extremely foolish and I could have easily been killed. Alcohol was frequently a contributing factor as well which is why I don't drink at all.