Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you survive?
Cuddles Wrote:Bear Grylls, the married guy, with kids, ex special forces.. could be a member here, reading some of the threads!

haha, that would be even more twisted. I love his show. What I know about surviving, I've learned from him.

Oh yeah. My daddy taught me how to garden, hunt, and collect firewood.
I'd stock up on a bunch of Glocks with hundreds of mags and ammo and prepare for the collapse of commerce and civility (don't worry, I don't think we are going to collapse ergo I'm not waisting my money on stocking up right now).
Then fight my way through the ever increasing, you know, chaotic people who've become lost in insanity, and meet up with a number of engineers, professors, scientists, probably mostly at universities and the power company, whoever is willing to come with me, their families and, you know, science and engineering learning supplies, and definitely try and rally some construction workers, and build a self sustaining, resource-based, colony. First in a rural area, then out into the oceans.
I'll have to first secure my own home with my mom and brother up in the mountain, of course. Of course, the only way my plan can ever work is if, my first few converts to starting a new colony will be able to be more inspiring than me. We're going to have to be fierce, glib, and stocked up and loaded if we have any hope of encouraging the laborers into building the colony with us (no black mail).

Well, I'm sort of a mild pepper. I have enough food in my car to last me six days. Which would allow me to get to my parents house, where they live on acreage and a lake. I also have my conceal and carry license and have a glock 21 . 45 that is safely locked in my car when not carrying it. I honestly don't know how far I would make it, but it never hurts to have some sort of a plan

No, I would die. Like super fast.

LOL! Yeah that would be a big problem :biggrin: I think I would happily eat buds, roots or grass, but not all the bugs he seems to enjoy so much :biggrin:

I do believe I'd try my luck on becoming a Pirate. Will I survive? who knows. I can presume being a Pirate will be tough. I'll aim to survive, but I can't guarantee I'll live a long life and die of natural causes.

For food I'd eat the fish within the sea. I'd also make sure to stock up on other items when visiting land.

I was raised by rural, southern people. Plus Im ingenious when it comes to this stuff.
Ive been referred to as a "MacGyver" before.

I may not be technical, but I know how to hunt, fish, and gather water, and build shelter.

Dont know how long I would survive though, since Im diabetic and need meds.

Oh MacGyver! Smile

I was disappointed by one episode of Mythbusters where they busted some of his escapes - the way the escapes were done. Some legends should not be questioned Rolleyes

Miles Wrote:No, I would die. Like super fast.

Me too .

Nick9 Wrote:hmm, I didn't know Bear Grylls was gay... I learn something new everyday Smile

he isn't ...

where'd you get that ? 0_o