Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you want to work in a lighthouse like these?
Hope everyone can see the video.
Will see if I can find the pictures.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236...9807f5.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HkQAzLfnbug/Ve...ment-3.jpg

Most lighthouses are probably automated today, but if they weren't.

It would probably be very exciting to sit in them while a big wave hits, as long as you know the windows would hold.
And like the girl from The Fog, be the host to a radioshow would be great, broadcast from the lighthouse.

I think it would be neat to visit one, maybe do like a date type thing or a stay over. One thing that would be really cool, though not really relating to lighthouses, is renting time at a observatory.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Our tallest light house is haunted as fuck.

I'da rather sleep in a cemetery.
It's centuries old, has bad history and is superstitious as fuck, you'da never find me in it girl.

All lighthouse does give me de bleddy creeps gurl

I read somewhere about renting nights in a lighthouse [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION].

I once saw a lighthouse lens up close. An awesome thing!
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:I read somewhere about renting nights in a lighthouse [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION].

I once saw a lighthouse lens up close. An awesome thing!

That might be easier to pull of than what I posted in the "perfect date" thread....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I think it would be neat to visit one, maybe do like a date type thing or a stay over. One thing that would be really cool, though not really relating to lighthouses, is renting time at a observatory.

The Mt Washington Observatory in NH is amazing. For a period each year, when the weather up there is relatively calm, they allow groups to sign up for an overnight excursion,tour their weather facility and staff quarters and learn about all the things they do up there. Oh, and meet the resident cat. There's been a cat on the mountain for many, many years (not the same cat of course) it's a tradition. Other than all the fascinating scientific stuff, you get to eat and socialize with the staff, and they tell fascinating stories and legends about the mountain.

In winter, there may be one or two excursions. you access the mountaintop on this huge SnowCat thing. But there are very stringent requirements about age, health and physical condition because it can potentially be dangerous.

I've done the one in summer, and I would LOVE to do the winter one. Maybe next year......

Well, I think it will get boring day in and day out, and no I don't want an occupation as a lighthouse keeper. Not what I'm interested in doing with my life. But that is amazing, and I will definitely visit a place like that, at one point. Wouldn't miss it.

Can you post the name of that lighthouse, or where it's located, [MENTION=24036]Ibex[/MENTION]? I don't use facebook, and I will not click on any of the links to that site of BS.

Sylph Wrote:Our tallest light house is haunted as fuck.

I'da rather sleep in a cemetery.
It's centuries old, has bad history and is superstitious as fuck, you'da never find me in it girl.

All lighthouse does give me de bleddy creeps gurl

Awww, that is adorable! Sylph is scared of itty-bitty lighthouse ghosts... Smile
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Gemini Wrote:The Mt Washington Observatory in NH is amazing. For a period each year, when the weather up there is relatively calm, they allow groups to sign up for an overnight excursion,tour their weather facility and staff quarters and learn about all the things they do up there. Oh, and meet the resident cat. There's been a cat on the mountain for many, many years (not the same cat of course) it's a tradition. Other than all the fascinating scientific stuff, you get to eat and socialize with the staff, and they tell fascinating stories and legends about the mountain.

In winter, there may be one or two excursions. you access the mountaintop on this huge SnowCat thing. But there are very stringent requirements about age, health and physical condition because it can potentially be dangerous.

I've done the one in summer, and I would LOVE to do the winter one. Maybe next year......

I have hiked Mt. Washington. It is one extraordinary experience!!!!
I bid NO Trump!

meridannight Wrote:Well, I think it will get boring day in and day out, and no I don't want an occupation as a lighthouse keeper. Not what I'm interested in doing with my life. But that is amazing, and I will definitely visit a place like that, at one point. Wouldn't miss it.

Can you post the name of that lighthouse, or where it's located, [MENTION=24036]Ibex[/MENTION]? I don't use facebook, and I will not click on any of the links to that site of BS.

Awww, that is adorable! Sylph is scared of itty-bitty lighthouse ghosts... Smile

Adorable my bleddy ass Bashing

One thing you'll come to learn about my people if nothing else, is while having the most churches per capita than anywhere in the world, we are highly superstitious.

We literally have books upon books of lore and myth relating to our island.

The most international I believe; "Bermuda Triangle"

But there are tons of internal lore and superstition that many don't know of, and my Nana used to tell me all the stories.

Ghastly Horses, Wartime ephemeral entities...

For gods sake, we were and in some country's legislature, still are known as "The Devil's Isles".

We have a giant hole that we call "Devil's Hole", for the fact that besides turtles living in the water there, nothing else lives there and the story goes that, "were you to ever fall in, you'd go straight to hell"

Lighthouses, especially our one, hold terrible lore and devastation, due to the history of the lighthouse and the time I'm which they were prevalent.

I may be a rude ass belligerent bitch at times:

But if it's one thing I don't mess around with and respect, is the myths of old and the mystical history of my progenitors.

Its simply wrong to test those waters, so to speak.

One of my favorite books when I was a kid was The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge about the lighthouse under the GW Bridge. Between wanting to be a train conductor and a tugboat captain, there was a brief period that I wanted to work in a lighthouse. But not a spooky one or one that gets hit with waves like that. I'm not trying to die.