Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wouldlikemuscle hits 1,000 !!
wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Smurlos... well you've spread yourself out plenty... 4 pages of Google!!

From ... etc
Are you sure people are happy with having their other interests publicised in this way? Bit of an imposition, non?

It's one thing to have names mentioned in Google-land, but quite another to bring collected information to a public forum :frown:

It's just innocent fun marsh,I KNOW that wouldlikemuscle and I didn't mean no harm.If we offended anyone,sorry.

Dan1089 Wrote:It's just innocent fun marsh,I KNOW that wouldlikemuscle and I didn't mean no harm.If we offended anyone,sorry.
Thanks, Dan. I understand that. I do feel quite strongly, though, that with access to information comes a responsibility to use that knowledge very carefully. What some see as innocent fun does have ethical implications.

Marsh, it is only a lil bit of info that anyone could access at any time - when its available for the world to see (literally). It's not like I'm digging around for their private information.

But I do understand your point, and like Dan said, certainly mean no harm by it, and to everyone... if anyone I've mentioned doesn't want that info displayed on here, then I'll edit the offending posts accordingly.. or if the edit time passes, I'll get a mod to do it.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Smurlos... well you've spread yourself out plenty... 4 pages of Google!!

From Channel4 / ChavTowns / GS / Livejournal...

4 pages!? :eek:
Didn't realise I got around that much Wink
Ah channel4 will be my posts in the hollyoaks forum :redface:
And ChavTowns... Laugh
Livejournal?! YIKES!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Marsh, it is only a lil bit of info that anyone could access at any time

Yes, I believe I've acknowledged that, but that hardly amounts to a defence of any decision to collate it here. Curiosity is natural and normal and we all have it to varying degrees, but as a species with a moral awareness we have a responsibility to use our knowledge with due consideration. Reveal as much about yourself here as you wish, but it is simply not ethical to make those kinds of decisions on behalf of someone else.

Quote:... if anyone I've mentioned doesn't want that info displayed on here, then I'll edit the offending posts accordingly.. or if the edit time passes, I'll get a mod to do it.

Thank you for making the gesture, but should it really be up to the other party to object first? Of course, I am making an assumption that you didn't seek permission before you published, which for all I know, you may have done.