Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow just wow
Good Explanation on the fundies Beaux...

I have a bumper sticker hanging in my bathroom that reads:

FUNDAMENTALISTS ARE PROOF THAT GOD HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR

Fundies have haunted houses where they show gay men and lesbians burning in hell.....

thx East, I happen to live in an area of the US that is particullary beseiged with fundies. I live in a depressed area of Louisiana and the literalist sect seems (here at least) to be comprised of people who have very low lvls of education. I have given a couple of symposium on the dwindeling wild life in the area at 3 colleges in 200 mile radius and I often face opposition from this group. They are anti-enviromentalist for some reason that I cannot figure out.

Beaux Wrote:thx East, I happen to live in an area of the US that is particullary beseiged with fundies. I live in a depressed area of Louisiana and the literalist sect seems (here at least) to be comprised of people who have very low lvls of education. I have given a couple of symposium on the dwindeling wild life in the area at 3 colleges in 200 mile radius and I often face opposition from this group. They are anti-enviromentalist for some reason that I cannot figure out.

Though I am not sure it is the definitive answer I do think that environmental issues basically are attributed to liberal activists and environmental protections are often referred to as part of the liberal "agenda" and I think fundies equate "liberal" with Satan:biggrin:

On another note...I think some really large multinational corporations and billionaires who do not want to be inconvenienced financially by environmental protections and regulations have harnessed the fundies and exploited their fears with disinformation.

LOL. I don't know why, but the name "g0y" makes me laugh.
Thanks... I really needed that.

Beaux Wrote:There are some sad sick people out there, and like East said, I just hope that some newly curious guy doesnt stumble onto that site and become even more confused than he already is. :frown:
I did stumble onto it quite some time ago when I was still figuring myself out lol. Thankfully it didn't go further than that...

Hoping to not offend any 'fundies' that might actually be gay and conservative on this site, but they really scare me. As East said, tons of misinformation... people thinking Obama is a Muslim and wasn't born in the US for example... and no matter how you try to reason with them, they just twist your words. A lot of them visit sites that tell them how to respond to things, etc. There's some really scary stuff going on... the whole Tea Party movement too.

As for g0ys and that site - it's real. There's an affiliated facebook group that links to the site as well. Way too much stuff put in for a joke.

jbrowder24 Wrote:Hoping to not offend any 'fundies' that might actually be gay and conservative on this site, but they really scare me. As East said, tons of misinformation... people thinking Obama is a Muslim and wasn't born in the US for example... and no matter how you try to reason with them, they just twist your words. A lot of them visit sites that tell them how to respond to things, etc. There's some really scary stuff going on... the whole Tea Party movement too.

As for g0ys and that site - it's real. There's an affiliated facebook group that links to the site as well. Way too much stuff put in for a joke.

Extreamists of anysort scare the hell out of me. You cannot reason with them as they practice circular thought process (ex.- "Everything the bible says is true because it says in the bible that everything it says is true"). As a scientist (not working as such now, but degreed non the less) I am trained to accept that there are no absolutes, where as religions are based on the acceptance of absolutes as a condition of faith. By accepting an artical of faith as an absolute, one limites ones self to new information. Again, I believe it is a by product of ignorance.

Beaux Wrote:I am trained to accept that there are no absolutes, where as religions are based on the acceptance of absolutes as a condition of faith.

You don't agree that those who deny that a hypothesis has been disproven by experiment are failing to hold to science's article of faith?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

lollll I laughed so hard when I saw it rather than getting mad =)))))))

At least, their pics are good =D
Seriously, =))) I feel good when I f**k a guy and most of us do. So regardless of what they say, everyone will still do anal because it 's so ENJOYABLE!

fredv3b Wrote:You don't agree that those who deny that a hypothesis has been disproven by experiment are failing to hold to science's article of faith?

I dont deny that there are people from all walks of life that are guilty of circular thinking, that goes for the scientific community as well. However, science doesnt have articals of faith. By definition that is what makes it science and not religion. lolz