Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing my novel.
Great title & cant wait to read some previews though.

frank

Latest Word Count: 20203
+3169 Words.
Prologue, Chapters 1-7
Chapter 8 in progress.

Well, now that I have a full time job, I don't have as much time to think about my story, but I am still trying to do some on my time off.
I finished chapter 7, and I have to say that I was really in a good state of mind writing it because I am pleased with how the chapter ended. Chapter 8 is another matter, it is going to be a very long, intense chapter. The beginning of it is giving me a headache because my vocabulary seems to have flown the coop :confused: .

Hey Xrimo, your novel sounds really good Confusedmile:
Looking forward to having a read.

looking forward to its completion. will it be available in paperback also or will we have to pay extra for the hardback? :tongue:

pocket_pilgrim Wrote:looking forward to its completion. will it be available in paperback also or will we have to pay extra for the hardback? :tongue:

No clue yet, I'm still waiting for the movie rights :biggrin:

XRIMO Wrote:No clue yet, I'm still waiting for the movie rights :biggrin:

can i audition for a part? :biggrin: i promise i'll behave and play nice.

Latest Word Count: 22739
+2536 Words.
Prologue, Chapters 1-8

Its been a little while since I have updated. I finally found myself motivated this weekend to finish chapter 8, and what a doozy it is. Its my longest chapter thus far at 4650 words. I think I can say that the beginning is finished. I have it so the characters are separated from each other and their individual journeys can start.

One thing I was really happy about in chapter 8 was to finally put in some action. There some in the earlier chapters, but I mean real action that I want for my story. It needs some work, but I at least felt excited when I was re-reading it.

Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed that this bout of inspiration sticks around for another day or two so that I can start chapter 9.

I'd seriously consider showing it some people devoid of bias. The real way to improve your work is through regular and harsh criticism. So...got any English Teachers/Students (who are good) and keen readers of the epic fantasy you can show extracts with? Print off some and annotate the errors and their opinions along the way. Smile That's my tip.

Spiral Dementia Wrote:I'd seriously consider showing it some people devoid of bias. The real way to improve your work is through regular and harsh criticism. So...got any English Teachers/Students (who are good) and keen readers of the epic fantasy you can show extracts with? Print off some and annotate the errors and their opinions along the way. Smile That's my tip.

Don't I know it, I've had so many papers for school torn apart, but it was all for the greater good of getting a better grade.
My novel is a whole different monster. Frankly, I don't want to show it to anyone until I'm satisfied with it. Ah, there's the rub, I am extremely overcritical of myself when it comes to it. On top of that, I've hit a wall, the same wall I usually hit while trying to write it... I want to see it!!!

I am taking a break from it and I'm looking around for someone who would be willing to draw for me so that I can turn it into a graphic novel. That way I don't have to over analyze my writing. But, this is a bit of a pipe dream, but its one that I pursue with lots of enthusiasm.

Once I get settled into my new apartment in August and start a job, then I can worry about what to do with my novel once more.

Thanks for the advice Spiral Dementia. (BTW, I like your icon, I have a tattoo of the ouroboros on my upper right arm :biggrin: )

Okay, I've decided to post some of my story. I am going to post each chapter that I have so that perhaps I can some feedback about what is good, what is bad, etc...

I'm using fictionpress to post it, because it offers some copyright protection. I'm not that keen on the site since I cannot format the story very well (ie, indents, proper spacing, etc...)

So, first off is the short prologue. I originally wrote it to be chapter 1, but decided that it worked better as a prologue. I will warn you that it is graphic in certain parts (graphic as in violent). Overall I am satisfied, but like any writer I feel like there could be improvement. Anyway, feel free to read. Leave me comments, reviews, whatever, if you decide to read it.

EDIT* See below for a new link.