Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing with prisoners?
A while ago I read an article about writing letters with prisoners. Apparently inmates that get to have contact with the 'outside world' are less likely to end up in prison again after being released. I'm honestly quite fascinated by this idea, but then again it almost seems too good to be true, doesn't it?
I was just wondering what your opinions about this are Smile

Um....No......

Here's one story why you shouldn't....

My brother has been in San Quentin prison most of his adult life...well...in and out but mostly in...

When he is in there...women write prisoners and he marries one of them who "feels sorry for them"....

He gets out...fucks them...makes a few babies...then steals any cash....jewelry...and a car...and goes out and gets arrested again...and back to prison he goes....

I didn't mean to sound like I was considering doing it myself Tongue

That is exactly the sort of story that got into my mind when I thought that they romanticise it too much.
Why would they still encourage people to do this while it seems so obvious that it'll go wrong though?

Cinestry Wrote:I didn't mean to sound like I was considering doing it myself Tongue

That is exactly the sort of story that got into my mind when I thought that they romanticise it too much.
Why would they still encourage people to do this while it seems so obvious that it'll go wrong though?

My guess.... they don't understand what a sociopath is? Alot of people don't...but since I had to grow up with one...and my mom is a psychopath on top of that...I have a finely tuned radar for sensing them that most people don't have as I have discovered along the way.

They can charm the scales off of a snake so I have no idea why anyone would advocate writing to one of them. I know that not everyone in prison is one...but why take any chances?

I'd have no problem with writing to (preferably male) prisoners. I'd make it clear (because, it's true) that I no longer meet people and that I'm a recluse and that would do away with the risks involved with contact with any prisoner/s after their release.

Satinesque Wrote:I'd have no problem with writing to (preferably male) prisoners. I'd make it clear (because, it's true) that I no longer meet people and that I'm a recluse and that would do away with the risks involved with contact with any prisoner/s after their release.

Well you better make it a one way letter because if you give them your return address it might not work out so well...

My guess is that I don't need any one-way letters, with email?

Yeah man. Somebody go ahead and write to my ex in prison, yeah? Anything to get his fixation and focus off of me.

Just consider installing bars on your windows and a katy bar on your door first.

.... if you can't read it from my sarcasm above? This is a BAD idea. Trust me, I know from experience. They don't have to be free to get to you. They just have to have friends.

Satinesque Wrote:My guess is that I don't need any one-way letters, with email?

Well then..go ahead and write away. I am sure one of them would appreciate you.

I've never written one, but I've taught a few HOW to write. Smile

Lex