Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing with prisoners?
Beaux Wrote:Your "guess" is inaccurate. Your IP address leads right back to your actual physical address.
~Beaux

It would be close to impossible for a prisoner to access real street addresses from merely an IP address. People have been trying to get my home address through my IP address for 13 years and nobody has managed to do it, yet. Go ahead. Instead of replying in this thread, please direct your reply to my home address. Given that I have no home address, I "guess" that this should be interesting.

Satinesque Wrote:It would be close to impossible for a prisoner to access real street addresses from merely an IP address. People have been trying to get my home address through my IP address for 13 years and nobody has managed to do it, yet. Go ahead. Instead of replying in this thread, please direct your reply to my home address. Given that I have no home address, I "guess" that this should be interesting.

They don't really have to do they? They just get a friend on the outside to do the dirty work.

My husband is a Senior Communications Engineer for the Department of Defense, trust me when I say, NO ONE is untraceable....
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:Are you INSANE!?!? "Oh my! I have a new pen pal who is a recluse! When I get our, I will just show up on his door, kill him and take over his finances! As a recluse no one will even notice he is missing!".
SMH...
~Beaux

(1) I have no fixed home address. (2) It's easy to be reclusive when you're constantly changing locations. I am always on the move. (3) My home address is more like just a home location and it is not situated in the same place twice. (4) There is only one building that I own that I could stay at, if I wanted to, and that would never be known to those to whom I write. I would use (5) email only and a (6) dynamic IP, and (7) work through proxies.

That's a fair number of barriers.

Beaux...

Get him to give you my home address and take this up with me, by postal communications, please!

Stefan R.

Email communication would be difficult with prisoners in the U.S. and the U.K.

The U.S.:

In the United States, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, an agency of the U.S. Department of Justice, has put into place the Trust Fund Limited Inmate Computer System (TRULINCS) on February 19, 2009. This allows inmates access to electronic messaging through e-mails. The message must be text only, and must be conducted in a secure manner between inmate and the public. Messages are subject to monitoring. Currently all institutions operated by the Bureau of Prisons have TRULINCS. However outside of the TRULINCS program, nearly all states prohibit Internet use by inmates, limiting technology based access to educational opportunities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_prisons

The U.K.:

"You can’t email prisoners directly, but some prisons use the Email a Prisoner service which lets you send emails that are printed off and delivered to the prisoner by prison staff. Each email costs 30p and you need to buy credit to use the service. Prisoners can’t send a reply using this service."

https://www.gov.uk/staying-in-touch-with...cial-media

Oh, well, Iceblink...thanks for the information - especially the heads-up about the UK prisons. What a shame, but you've saved me quite a bit of time and annoyance. Thanks, for that.

Satinesque Wrote:(1) I have no fixed home address. (2) It's easy to be reclusive when you're constantly changing locations. I am always on the move. (3) My home address is more like just a home location and it is not situated in the same place twice. (4) There is only one building that I own that I could stay at, if I wanted to, and that would never be known to those to whom I write. I would use (5) email only and a (6) dynamic IP, and (7) work through proxies.

Just out of curiosity and I don't know if this is what you're doing, it just sounds like it, but why are you trying so hard to be untraceable?

Iceblink Wrote:Email communication would be difficult with prisoners in the U.S. and the U.K.

What I understood from someone that is actually writing with a prisoner you're right at this yeah Wink She said she could send emails to them, the emails would be printed and given to them but they could only respond with a physical letter.
She did say that they had access to facebook though, then again that might have been done secretly or something I guess.

Cinestry Wrote:Just out of curiosity and I don't know if this is what you're doing, it just sounds like it, but why are you trying so hard to be untraceable?

I'm a lover of security and my daily activities are ideal for somebody who feels that way.

Satinesque Wrote:(1) I have no fixed home address. (2) It's easy to be reclusive when you're constantly changing locations. I am always on the move. (3) My home address is more like just a home location and it is not situated in the same place twice. (4) There is only one building that I own that I could stay at, if I wanted to, and that would never be known to those to whom I write. I would use (5) email only and a (6) dynamic IP, and (7) work through proxies.

You know, your right, as a 54 year old single man you have your life so obviously well planned out that no one here could possibly make any kind of suggestion for you to improve it! I am only suprised that you feel the need to come here to a forum like this as you obviously need no one's advice!
~Beaux