Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing with prisoners?
Beaux...

I came not for advice about the living of life, or to request replies regarding methods by which I could improve my life, and I come because I choose to and not because I have a specific need to, otherwise.

Do you imagine that that is the only reason why every/any member is here?...to ask for, and receive advice?...and, no other?

I came here to be among the folks who post here, because it's a nice place to be. I've been here for a few days and I like it. I knew I'd love it, here, once I saw the time and dedication the crew put into orderliness and it's nice to attend forums like this. Other forums appear to have lost their light, movement and soul...sad to see, too.

Why do you consider this forum a place where only the requesting of advice, and the receiving of advice, brings people here, or inspires them to stay, and participate?

1. Do they not also post jokes? What advice do they seek in the wording of their posted jokes?
2. Do they not also post their way/s through debates? What advice do they seek when they put across their points?
3. Do they not also post about movies that they've seen? What advice do they seek when they tell of the movies that they've seen?
4. Do members not also post about the music that they like? What request for advice is buried within their words when they tell us of the music that they enjoy, and the performers that they most appreciate, or collect the works of?

So, it's not just for advice that members attend and post, here...is it?

As for needing nobody's advice, the least I can ever imagine needing...would be from you! I'll put the matter of your harassment of me to the moderators and, erm...I'll ask for their advice?

Stefan R.

Cinestry Wrote:Good question, im not even sure haha. I'm studying linguistics and I'm really interested in all types of communication in general, so when I read the article it mainly fascinated me how something so simple as contact via letters could make a difference in their future. I said it seemed too good to be true, because I don't think it'll work as well in real life as it does on paper.
I'm studying linguistics too!
Well, I do believe that writing letters to prisoners may be helpful. As I was student teaching, I had some opportunities to counsel some troublemaking students. My mentor told me that for some of those students, what they truly need is someone to talk to, to show them some support and that they're not an outcast, there's still hope in them. Letters, in a way, can do that, so yeah I think it may help some of the inmates, not all, but some.

Years ago I ran a small mission house, we took in all kinds, some on parole from prison. I have tried to help the unwanteds of our society only to be bit by the mouth that I fed.
I can only say that some of these prisoners will use every bit of information that you cough up against you, to steal and ruin you.
They have good memories, they will ask innocent questions, like "did you have a dog when you were young?"
Sounds innocent, but it's a question that leads to the dogs name, probably your first pet, my bank asks me that when I log in.
Be careful.

EE
Satinesque Wrote:Beaux...

I came not for advice about the living of life, or to request replies regarding methods by which I could improve my life, and I come because I choose to and not because I have a specific need to, otherwise.

Do you imagine that that is the only reason why every/any member is here?...to ask for, and receive advice?...and, no other?

I came here to be among the folks who post here, because it's a nice place to be. I've been here for a few days and I like it. I knew I'd love it, here, once I saw the time and dedication the crew put into orderliness and it's nice to attend forums like this. Other forums appear to have lost their light, movement and soul...sad to see, too.

Why do you consider this forum a place where only the requesting of advice, and the receiving of advice, brings people here, or inspires them to stay, and participate?

1. Do they not also post jokes? What advice do they seek in the wording of their posted jokes?
2. Do they not also post their way/s through debates? What advice do they seek when they put across their points?
3. Do they not also post about movies that they've seen? What advice do they seek when they tell of the movies that they've seen?
4. Do members not also post about the music that they like? What request for advice is buried within their words when they tell us of the music that they enjoy, and the performers that they most appreciate, or collect the works of?

So, it's not just for advice that members attend and post, here...is it?

As for needing nobody's advice, the least I can ever imagine needing...would be from you! I'll put the matter of your harassment of me to the moderators and, erm...I'll ask for their advice?

Stefan R.

You brought up the questions about prison pen pals, I responded to your post. You didn't like my response and went on the defensive which simply isn't my problem. By all means, bring it up with Andy if you feel you must. No skin off my nose. If you can't take honest responses to your posts and get your nose out of joint if someone doesn't agree with you, or necessarily find anything in your life admirable (at least the way you describe it and yourself), then it really isn't anyone's problem other than your own.
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:EE

You brought up the questions about prison pen pals, I responded to your post. You didn't like my response and went on the defensive which simply isn't my problem. By all means, bring it up with Andy if you feel you must. No skin off my nose. If you can't take honest responses to your posts and get your nose out of joint if someone doesn't agree with you, or necessarily find anything in your life admirable (at least the way you describe it and yourself), then it really isn't anyone's problem other than your own.
~Beaux

The complaint is already made - several hours ago.

I did not bring up the question..."Cinestry" is the opening poster.

NEXT!

Satinesque Wrote:The complaint is already made - several hours ago.

I did not bring up the question..."Cinestry" is the opening poster.

NEXT!

And, again, I DONT CARE.
~Beaux