Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y&R
Anyone watch Y&R????

I have been watching it for about 10 years now. Used to watch it with my mom. I get made fun of for watching soaps and used to hide it or tape it and watch it when now one was around, but now I just watch it out in the open. My whole family knows that I watch it and make fun of me, but it is alright now. You would think they would know about me being gay.

My favorite character on Y&R has always been...........Jack Abbott

Have many other favs too.

Anyone else watch???

I used to for years, then somehow got distracted with work and life. Sometimes I'll turn to it just to see where everyone is at. It's really easy to get back into it. The story lines are so good. They writers are geniuses.

Yes this is a guilty pleasure of mine. My mom always used to watch it growing up, by college I was hooked and I've been watching ever since. Team Phylis! I despise Sharon as she's possibly one of the stupidest characters I've ever seen in anything...ever. People usually give me strange looks because I openly berate Sharon while watching the show :p

Sad to see so many Soaps going off the air waves when they've been on TV for so long. I hope Y&R goes on for years to come.

I sometimes watch Y&R, and used to watch the now defunct "Guiding Light" with my late grandmother. On GL my favorite character was Reva. On Y&R my favorite character is Nick (why did he and Sharon break up). My least favorite is his father: Victor Newman.
I love the Y&R instrumental theme song.

My mother was a soap opera fanatic. As the World Turns, the young and the restless - the guiding light lots of others too.

My mother spent all day in front of the TV with a cigarette (Kool's 100) in one hand, a phone in another hand and a class of ice water or a cup of coffee in the other hand. Yeah I know, three hands - my mother is such a a freak :o.

That's all she would do, talk on the phone about the soaps to her girl-buddies, drink coffee and ice water and smoke while watching the soaps as if they were actually happening right there her very life depended on it.

By the time the state yanked me out of my mothers home and sent me to my father's home, who at the time was anti electricity, anti-running water pretty much anti anything of modern convenience I was quite happy to not have a TV blaring 24/7.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:My mother was a soap opera fanatic. As the World Turns, the young and the restless - the guiding light lots of others too.

My mother spent all day in front of the TV with a cigarette (Kool's 100) in one hand, a phone in another hand and a class of ice water or a cup of coffee in the other hand. Yeah I know, three hands - my mother is such a a freak :o.

That's all she would do, talk on the phone about the soaps to her girl-buddies, drink coffee and ice water and smoke while watching the soaps as if they were actually happening right there her very life depended on it.

By the time the state yanked me out of my mothers home and sent me to my father's home, who at the time was anti electricity, anti-running water pretty much anti anything of modern convenience I was quite happy to not have a TV blaring 24/7.

Living an Amish life with your dad, Bowyn???? Yikes....

I got hooked on days in college.

I used to watch Coronation Street, but I haven't for years. I'm a popular media junky in general, so I'll watch anything.