Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YES!! Finally getting my own place!!
This post is mainly because I'm so excited and psyched right now! I've been living with 2 roommates the past couple years, one straight and one trans. Great guys, good friends. But right now I'm working rotating shifts, and a lot of overtime. I'm also in school getting paramedic training. Partying is a fond memory, and sleep is my new wet dream.

My desires are modest. I want to come home to a quiet, peaceful place and just relax. I want to cook my dinner in a clean kitchen where nobody fed my chicken to their dog because they forgot to buy dog food. I want to be able to invite a friend over without people trying to turn it into a party. And when I finally do get to sleep, I don't want someone waking me up because he has an "awesome hot chick" in his bed and ran out of condoms.

I've been looking for 3 months. Rents here are really high. I figured I had to stay at like $2,000. to swing it, and quickly realized I'd need to downgrade to a studio because the only 1 bedrooms I saw for that pricewere in war zone neighborhoods or totally trashy.

Well, this studio I finally rented is a little more - $2,300. - BUT it includes ALL UTILITIES (not common here), so I'll actually come out ahead. Nothing fancy - a nice kitchen separated by a counter from one big room. But it's clean, modern kitchen and bath, in an acceptable neighborhood and - I just signed the lease - ALL MINE!!

Don't mind me, I'm rattling on to everyone today because I'm just SO happy!Cheerleader2Cheerleader2

Congrats Smile
Having a place of your own must be very nice, would make dating and such so much eaiser Tongue

Congrats! Smile

Holy fuck....I thought my rent was high and will now shut up
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Congrats! Smile

Holy fuck....I thought my rent was high and will now shut up

Yep that's quite high, I suspect this is in a large city... I can rent a 3 story house with a mountain view for that much here...Unfortunately I don't make nearly the kind of money for that.

Typical house here usually under $1,000....

However, my budget would be an apartment most likely or a cabin which would be around $500 - $600 max... Anything less is getting kind of junkie or live around unsavory people....although that can be the case anywhere...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

2300 per month? Damn, that is high.

Congratulations though. It's great to have a place of your own. And studio apartments are great for a single guy. Nothing wrong with them.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Gemini is rich?
Want to go on a date Gemini? XD

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION] - yeah, the city I live in is listed as the 4th most expensive place in the US to live. I'd do a lot better if I could move out to one of the smaller bordering cities. But I work for a municipal EMS and like the cops and firefighters, am required by my contract to live within the city proper.

As to salary, the EMT base rate isn't spectacular, but we get shift differential, double pay or compensatory time off for major holidays, etc. SO there are ways to amp it up - and right now I'm working a lot of overtime. Plus once I get paramedic accreditation (hopefully January) it will be a decent increase.

Friends are telling me I'm nuts to go solo, but I swear at this point, it's seriously a matter of mental survival

Ibex Wrote:Gemini is rich?
Want to go on a date Gemini? XD

No, sweetie - Gemini is not rich. Gemini works at least 56 hours a week and takes all the swing shifts to get the differential.

A date? Well, my next time off after today is Monday from 10am to about 4pm...will that work?Pengy

Gemini Wrote:No, sweetie - Gemini is not rich. Gemini works at least 56 hours a week and takes all the swing shifts to get the differential.

A date? Well, my next time off after today is Monday from 10am to about 4pm...will that work?Pengy

Aw, well then, not interested anymore.
JK

It would've worked if I didn't have to take a plane to get to you.
Got Monday off.

axle2152 Wrote:Yep that's quite high, I suspect this is in a large city... I can rent a 3 story house with a mountain view for that much here...Unfortunately I don't make nearly the kind of money for that.

Typical house here usually under $1,000....

However, my budget would be an apartment most likely or a cabin which would be around $500 - $600 max... Anything less is getting kind of junkie or live around unsavory people....although that can be the case anywhere...

Yeah, rent is around 400 where I live, fairly ok for living downtown in this city, in theory I could maybe pay rent on my own by stretching the budget a bit (of course this is a mere conversion from my currency to USD, it's a decent bit in CLP), but 2300 that's just outright prohibitive.

Even factoring in what my career would pay me in your country, I'd still not have enough purchasing power for that.

[MENTION=23954]Gemini[/MENTION] apparently Gemini also talks of himself in the third person hahaha

Well, mental health aside, as long as you can afford it, go for it I say!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]