Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YSL -- why I came onto GS this evening.
I was listening to the news this evening and of course the FUNERAL of YSL (a.k.a. Yves Saint Laurent, the designer) was mentioned. Lots and lots of famous people were attending, they said. What struck me as interesting was the way they referred to Pierre Bergé his companion of 50 years. At last a well-known gay couple that gets to show how two gay men can be a solid couple for 50 years!!! Amazing. It was nice to hear that it was becoming mainstream news, at last.
Rest In Peace, Yves... France (and Pierre) will miss you.
Yllove Malelovies Ylinfant

That's longer than most marriages.Like the Xhosa people say,lala ngoxolo Yves St Laurent.

Dan1089 Wrote:That's longer than most marriages.Like the Xhosa people say,lala ngoxolo Yves St Laurent.

Which means???

Literally translates to "rest in peace".Very difficult to pronounce.It's on Thuli's tombstone.

lala ngoxolo Thuli!

An amazing artist. Very progressive in so many ways. imo, it seems today the gay movement has really become somewhat conservative and complacent. Maybe we have it too good?

There is another thread that brought up male frontal nudity but YSL posed nude himself in the early 70s. Last nite I was watching a great David Bowie movie - The Man Who Fell to Earth. There was soooo much male & female nudity. Watching films from the 70s with adult themes were full of nudity and accepted as adult but not shock.

I think we can learn a lot from Mr. YSL. He has made our world a better place.

Thank you YSL.