Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yaoi
[Image: tumblr_inline_mipmktwDyc1rpgh6d.gif]
NEEK U BACK

Cakey Wrote:NEEK U BACK

Who are you? :o

CakeLuv/Sebastian/Cakey/the-loud-fagg-over-there c:

Oh! I didn't recognize you after the sex-change and open straight relationship :')

I've always felt that yaoi is a great idea on paper, but not in practice. Whenever I've read any, I usually go "meh" about halfway through. Most yaoi leads tend to be overly stylized and feminine, and the story lines would make just as much sense had the artist used a female protagonist instead (effectively changing it into a hentai story). I think it's due to most yaoi artists/writers being women and that it's a genre usually consumed by young women. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but as an openly gay man, I'd like to see more homoerotic comics suit my tastes.

However, I agree with the folks saying bara is a bit better, especially Mentaiko. His guys are handsome/cute without being overly stylized, are athletically-built but not overly muscular, and have proper amounts of body hair in the right places. Things that make men, you know, attractive (to me, anyways).

I wish there were more openly-gay male manga artists working in Japan today, but that's a different topic for a different thread.

HumbleTangerine Wrote:Oh! I didn't recognize you after the sex-change and open straight relationship :')

Oh yeah, I'm 7ft tall hairy big black woman with an extra large dick. Smile