Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Can Have It All (or can you?)
My favorite gay icon..then..and now....

Diana Ross.....Love Hangover

Diana Ross.....The Boss

...and a tribute from

The Boystown Gang for her earlier 60s/70s stuff...

princealbertofb Wrote:Yes, how many years, Sylphy, how many years? Time to re-evaluate our friendship, I should say.... Note that I could have done this alphabetically, but I wasn't sure you'd be a 70s music lover, primarily... Think of it that way. My first thought was for East, and he wasn't first in the list....

Excuses excuses! Sheep

Your precious Sylph should always be number 1 :cheerleader:

Even if [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] deserves it more Cat3
Lol, don't mind me gurl!

I just acting like a brat Rofl

[MENTION=15656]Sylph[/MENTION], you know my dear, it is a bit like a family with several children, how do you start the list when you love all your children? Do you start with the most precious one, the one you can remember first, the first name that comes to mind, or do you just call everyone Bruce, or Dave.... or Thingummy?
Am still very fond of you, Sylphy. Wherever you make it in the list, you are as precious as any friend on here.

Thanks, @East, Eastypie, for all this lovely song and dance stuff... Reliving your youthful years is one way to just stay young, innit?
Wink :biggrin: Bighug

Inviting poor @CellarDweller, and @CaptainAwesome, and [MENTION=13830]ceez[/MENTION] whom I forgot in the initial list... Sharing good stuff with you (if you want it).

East Wrote:France Joli...Come To Me

I love France Joli. are you familiar with her 90s comeback hits?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:I love France Joli. are you familiar with her 90s comeback hits?

I don't think so....I might have heard it and not known who it was....

East Wrote:I don't think so....I might have heard it and not known who it was....

In 1998, France Joli released a CD called "If You Love Me" which paired her up again with producer Tony Green, who produced her 70s dicso hits.

The CD featured ballads and R&B styled songs. Two songs were set for the clubs, "Touch" and "Breakaway". Both singles were able to crack the Billboard Hot Dance/Club Play charts. During that time frame, when France Joli did "oldies" shows, she would include these two songs in her set lists. I was fortunate to see her sing them both live.

"Touch" - no video/performance footage.

"Breakaway" - television performance -
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

does this count as disco , I think so anyway - did this artist or his songs became known outside the UK ?