Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know what to do...
Gemini Wrote:Two members here, [MENTION=20738]TwisttheLeaf[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION], are in a committed long distance relationship. I think you should read some of their posts, because from what I've read, their relationship is a great example of how a long distance thing can work. I ABSOLUTELY cannot imagine either of them telling some dude, "My bf isn't as hot as you" ---OMG!!

They both live in USA though. No idea how far it is between Seattle and Cinci, but it's still in the same country.
I flirted a little with a guy from Australia recently, me and him were up to meeting up, and I would be ok with going to his country if we hit it off. He called it off though.
Same thing with you Gemini. If we hit it off irl, I would definitly travel to you.

Been reading about the compability of a capricorn and a gemini today. Funny stuff to read, and amazingly enough some of it is true. Like capricorns being slow to trust a new love. That's me, though seeing as how fucked up this world can be, it's good to be slow to trust someone Tongue

It's not that he's on all those messengers chatting with other guys (personally, I do not get how that can be considered cheating, but that's me), it's what he's saying on them. Saying your partner is not as hot as some anonymous guy on the internet, and that the latter turns you on more, is just plain disrespectful. Why would you need to say something like that about your partner?

I can't imagine doing something like that (I'm talking about real life not some messenger BS) even if I did meet a man who was supposedly hotter than my partner (I don't see attractiveness as a hierarchical quality, it's an absolute quality, rather, something that is or isn't. But I can have a deeper connection with one man than with another, so that's something analogous). Many men are very attractive. That doesn't make my partner less attractive.

When you lack respect for your partner like that, there is no significant chance of building a healthy relationship between the two of you. It's a basic constituent, along with love and physical attraction.

I'm sorry, but this guy does not sound like he's ready for a serious relationship. He's also 21, which is way too young for a man to be interested in and start building a relationship anyway, but that's another subject, I suppose.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Ibex Wrote:They both live in USA though. No idea how far it is between Seattle and Cinci, but it's still in the same country.
I flirted a little with a guy from Australia recently, me and him were up to meeting up, and I would be ok with going to his country if we hit it off. He called it off though.
Same thing with you Gemini. If we hit it off irl, I would definitly travel to you.

Been reading about the compability of a capricorn and a gemini today. Funny stuff to read, and amazingly enough some of it is true. Like capricorns being slow to trust a new love. That's me, though seeing as how fucked up this world can be, it's good to be slow to trust someone Tongue

Although admittedly, not half way around the world, the USA is a huge country. The distance between Gideon and I is approximately 2400 miles (over 3800 km). It's definitely not just around the corner. [I] *Grin*[/I]

I think it's great that you'd be willing to travel if you found yourself a long distance partner. That said? Finding a GOOD partner is the first step, yeah? Which brings me to my complete agreement with this:

Quote:... though seeing as how fucked up this world can be, it's good to be slow to trust someone

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Although admittedly, not half way around the world, the USA is a huge country. The distance between Gideon and I is approximately 2400 miles (over 3800 km). It's definitely not just around the corner. [I] *Grin*[/I]

I think it's great that you'd be willing to travel if you found yourself a long distance partner. That said? Finding a GOOD partner is the first step, yeah? Which brings me to my complete agreement with this:

Yeah I'm not gonna travel around the world until I find a great guy and stuff.

Just checked how many KMs there's between my hometown and the capitol here. Just 462 KM.
That takes 7 hours with car.
From here to Nordkapp it's 2 329,0 km. 30 hours with car. Nordlapp is like the top of Norway.

So alright, the distance between you two is far.