Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know you're getting older when ...
... the new Bettaware catalogue contains items that look as though they might be useful :frown:

marshlander Wrote:... the new Bettaware catalogue contains items that look as though they might be useful :frown:

So what items were those, honey? I guess we can discuss this privately. Rolleyes

You know you're getting older when you're discussing the issues behind a philosophy dissertation about what is best, temperance or excess and you realise that a young man has no idea what his body's limits are, but you do...

princealbertofb Wrote:So what items were those, honey? I guess we can discuss this privately. Rolleyes
No need, they don't sell that kind of stuff Wink

Did find a car lock de-icer I wanted to get my dad for Christmas and I'm wondering how long before I need the gizmo to help me put on my own socks!

princealbertofb Wrote:You know you're getting older when you're discussing the issues behind a philosophy dissertation about what is best, temperance or excess and you realise that a young man has no idea what his body's limits are, but you do...
So, which young man's body have you been testing to the limit then!

marshlander Wrote:Did find a car lock de-icer I wanted to get my dad for Christmas and I'm wondering how long before I need the gizmo to help me put on my own socks!

They say after 50 you should always sit down to put your socks on. Trouble is I've needed to sit down since I was 17 or so.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I'm more into temperance, hadn't you noticed? The only body I've been putting to the test, other than mine, is probably my dancing partner's and yours, honey pie.... Wink
What would your answer be to "Is it better to go the road of temperance or the road of excess"????

fredv3b Wrote:They say after 50 you should always sit down to put your socks on. Trouble is I've needed to sit down since I was 17 or so.

Good, I've got another few months of doing it standing on one foot...

Now why is that, Fred? What's the rationale behind that?

princealbertofb Wrote:What would your answer be to "Is it better to go the road of temperance or the road of excess"????

Being English, I'd say moderation in all things including moderation.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

princealbertofb Wrote:I'm more into temperance, hadn't you noticed? The only body I've been putting to the test, other than mine, is probably my dancing partner's and yours, honey pie.... Wink
What would your answer be to "Is it better to go the road of temperance or the road of excess"????
There's only one road? Temperance when necessary and excess when convenient ... isn't that called moderation?