Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know you're right when smart people disagree
At first I laughed and then I shuddered at Rick Santorum saying this...and the audience clapping at being called idiots.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ob-easier/

Quote:“We will never have the elite, smart people on our side.”

I saw the speech btw, and I could comment on the hypocrisy of his saying the smart and elites want to control people and that's why they'll never be on his side while at the same time saying the church and family (read: antigay) must rule society, but projection is just too ordinary for a Christian fundie (and they're always calling their oppression "liberty") to be worth it. I'm only sharing because I found that comment (and the audience clapping) both funny and disturbing.

Rofl Pix I'll never understand why these politicians are endorsed by anyone. Can we have a political boycott for a change? Seriously, what are people thinking (or not thinking)?

By smart people, they mean the "evolutionists" and the people that make lots of money at fancy pants jobs, not true working class Americans.
*sigh*
Anti-intellectualism seems to be a growing force on the US right.:frown:

When I was in HS I did the Debate Club...was a member of the Model United Nations Club where we went to UC Berkeley and UCLA and recreated a UN session....and I learned to research my position and actually debate.....

So when the Internet exploded I found "Debate Boards" and Political Boards and was thrilled...initially....

I had to stop eventually because I had lost all ability to debate or think rationally amidst people like Santorum and his followers who just repeat crap over and over and completely ignore facts.

When I "left the building"...I had one final thought...

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time...and it will annoy the pig.

East Wrote:Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time...and it will annoy the pig.

:o

Laugh Roflmao Rofl

East Wrote:When I was in HS I did the Debate Club...was a member of the Model United Nations Club where we went to UC Berkeley and UCLA and recreated a UN session....and I learned to research my position and actually debate.....

So when the Internet exploded I found "Debate Boards" and Political Boards and was thrilled...initially....

I had to stop eventually because I had lost all ability to debate or think rationally amidst people like Santorum and his followers who just repeat crap over and over and completely ignore facts.

When I "left the building"...I had one final thought...

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time...and it will annoy the pig.
Maybe i'll learn not to bother eventually.:redface:

the population WANTS to be governed by stupid. The general population will do anything to make it happen. It will be a stable status Quo

i think these explain it pretty well:biggrin:

......nope....I'm not drunk

.....neither am I high

....I don't believe I've stumbled into a parallel universe

.....so then he actually said this? Its not a figment of my imagination?

*facepalm!* Why are people so damned stupid? Tell me universe! What kind of sick joke are you playing with us? Is Santorum even a real person or just some sort of Jack Finney pod-people look-alike? Nobody can be this dense! Its scientifically impossible!

*keeps ranting and raving as he is drug off by the men in the white coats*

I read somewhere Rick Santorum has set up a store front to take advantage of campaign law for the 2016 race. Like Sarah Palin he will be around till they absolutely throw him out a window.