Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'll probably raise happy, healthy kids.
A study from Australia claims that there's virtually no difference between kids raised by same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples, except for the fact that kids raised by same-sex couples are slightly happier and healthier than those raised by opposite-sex couples. That definitely counters the argument raised by the religious right that in order to create strong families, you need one man and one woman. It's probably why they hate my president so much, because he came from a non-traditional family (single mother) while being the most proactive president yet for women, LGBT individuals, etc.

Before I get too political, here's more stuff from the study.

According to a Dr. Crouch Rofl [sorry]

Quote:"Previous research has suggested that parenting roles and work roles, and home roles within same-sex parenting families are more equitably distributed when compared to heterosexual families," he said.

"So what this means is that people take on roles that are suited to their skill sets rather than falling into those gender stereotypes, which is mum staying home and looking after the kids and dad going out to earn money.

"What this leads to is a more harmonious family unit and therefore feeding on to better health and wellbeing."

Wow, a scientific study in support of both homosexuality and feminism. No wonder the religious right is in denial of science, it just shows their complete denial of reality. Oops, I got slightly political again. I'm done.

Link: http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...thier_kids

While religion proves nothing of complete illusions, scientific studies show the reality of things.

But beyond science, it's the human psychology that defines happiness of kids, regardless of parents. I've long heard negative comments about same-sex marriage: like how the kids will be raised in love and warmth when having 2 dads, or how they will grow strong-built when having 2 mums...

I know you completely disagree, as if a man isn't warm and doesn't teach his kids how to love, or a woman doesn't have the same emotional strength as males... As far as I know, a kid builds his/her own personality and accept him/herself as he/she becomes mature. Nothing can change that except his/her will.

Besides that, it's said that completion is only achieved when 2 opposites collude, which is the belief that we still follow since countless aeons, long before religion itself existed. It may be right is some situations but that excludes marriage. I mean that marriage is about love, trust and the understanding of both physical and psychological characters. The Adam & Eve is nothing more than an unfathomable myth used by faithfuls to criminalize same-sex marriage.

Someday when I'll marry my love, I'll raise my children happy by teaching them love, peace, equality and tolerance.

Oh and let's remember: only straight parents grew generations filled with hatred, sexism, racism, homophobia, fanaticism... especially religious and conservative couples.

Thanks for posting this. My husband and I have a 4 year old daughter and an 8 month old son. Our little girl is bright, happy and (I think) well-adjusted. The baby just poops a lot, but it's early days there.
I think that what truly matters in raising kids is providing them with a sense of being loved, secure and safe. I know some traditional families where the kids are AFU from horrible parenting - so in what way are they better off than our kids?
Same sex parents are always aware that we're being judged, so maybe we try a little harder. And I refuse to listen to anyone who tries to tell me that we're somehow doing these kids a disservice.
Again, thanks so much for this validating post.

cftxp Wrote:..............................
Wow, a scientific study in support of both homosexuality and feminism. No wonder the religious right is in denial of science, it just shows their complete denial of reality. Oops, I got slightly political again. I'm done.

See bold above.....

There's "creation science"
There's "biblical science"
Why the hell haven't Fundamentalists thought of "denial science" to add to their list of moronic oxymorons?

MrMom Wrote:Thanks for posting this. My husband and I have a 4 year old daughter and an 8 month old son. Our little girl is bright, happy and (I think) well-adjusted. The baby just poops a lot, but it's early days there.
I think that what truly matters in raising kids is providing them with a sense of being loved, secure and safe. I know some traditional families where the kids are AFU from horrible parenting - so in what way are they better off than our kids?
Same sex parents are always aware that we're being judged, so maybe we try a little harder. And I refuse to listen to anyone who tries to tell me that we're somehow doing these kids a disservice.
Again, thanks so much for this validating post.

MisterMom is going to be on my list of role models... and after a PM I've sent him I think he'll understand I'd be the happiest guy on earth to have some runts to hang out with 24/7. I'll be the coolest and funnest dad on earth when I get some... I feel like I've been practicing for it for most of my adult life. ..... all 6 or so years of it.

Just this morning I heard good news on TV I need to research... It seems the laws on gay marriage in South Dakota are being challenged and I'm ready to put that on my list of spare time projects... We gave the copy of Arizona's anti gay bill a smackdown with the help of (believe it or not) a bunch of high school kids who humiliated the bill's sponsor by challenging them to debates. Take a wild guess who was the no shows?

Damn right, he should be, he's on mine too! No problem by the way MrMom. You're changing the world just by being yourself, and that's a fact.

Well meme, you've got 6 years experience in life ahead of me, but I can imagine that my kids would end up spoiled and if I really have found the right guy (yeah....), probably pretty well-rounded too. I'm not exactly doing a bad job with my nephew but I don't know about me being fun, though my friend said I'm "chill" so whatever, I guess I'm cool with that....

And wow, you actually got high school kids to do anything? That's a feat of its own, I'm just two years out of it so I know. But then again, that anti-gay bill (along with the one in Mississippi) was pretty stupid. I hear people saying that marriage equality will be nationwide in a year or so, I'm not surprised if that's actually true knowing that two rulings for it happened here in Texas of all places.

Ironically, that might happen before discrimination is outlawed nationwide, the SCOTUS did just redefine what discrimination is. We'll win at the end.

I'm busy this morning. sorry.
gotta teach neighbor kids how to pick locks, steal cars and build bombs.
AND the choices not to do them.

I think I understand parenting better than most breeders.

cftxp Wrote:Damn right, he should be, he's on mine too! No problem by the way MrMom. You're changing the world just by being yourself, and that's a fact.

I wish every gay person on earth could understand those words and live them.

I have always thought that children raised by a same sex couple could have a very healthy outlook on life due to them being taught and being aware of the diversity of mankind, therefore being more tolerant of different cultures and minority groups.

with MisterMom joining GS.... and this thread... and a 60+ minute skype with my BF about MisterMom, this thread and the general topic..... and all the things my parents and his keep saying about us eventually becoming dads.....

I'd give a million bucks to have a full uterus right now.