Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'll probably raise happy, healthy kids.
ACK please...I am no one's role model. It's funny --- my sister is a stay at home mom and no one ever tells her she's a role model or a trendsetter or she's advancing the cause of equality. They take her for granted. BUT, I'm a stay at home GAY parent so I get all those accolades.
Maybe true equality will come when no one notices, compliments or admires a gay stay at home dad --- when it's taken for granted that one parent needs to be there for the kids if possible --- mom, dad, gay, straight...
I'm a parent. I'm not doing anything that millions of parents haven't done before me. IDK, does it sound odd to say that I would be more comfortable if no one paid any attention??

I'll save the uterus for you meme, ummm, I don't want to ever feel the pain of childbirth, I'm not ironman enough! (I hope you get that)

MrMom, being human period is deserving of accolades I think, I just believe that we need to appreciate each other more often than we actually do. And I'm pretty sure if I were raising my own Rugrats, I'd like it better not to have any attention for it unless it's completely necessary (I don't see exactly how that situation would actually happen).

Though in all fairness, we're only praising you for doing something many have done throughout the years due to the sheer fact that you're still relatively a pioneer of sorts. But I do kind of understand your standpoint since if I ended up having kids of my own, others won't be like "Gay and raising kids, dats cool bro!", they'll be like "He's autistic and he's raising kids? Uhh...." so sometimes you just have to change perceptions don't you, even if it means doing things like everyone else, which is something that individuals fully accepted into the mainstream don't exactly have to deal with. And that's how past movements for civil rights came into play.

I'm still pretty sure I can make myself up as a great dad one day. Plus, I've always had a natural weakness for babies and kids and wouldn't mind taking care of one or a few of my own. I'd definitely love them, take care of them, and make sure I'm there for them for as long as I need to be (not as long as I want to be - almost certain that I will always want to be there, even if that meant literally being in school with them to deter any potential bullies).

Ah yes, Little Johnny would be raised to despise humanity and love virology and I would do my very best to instill in him that genetically tinkering with influenza, rabies and other viruses to see how deadly and contagious and airborne they could be is the right and only career path to follow in life.

If I was a parent it wouldn't end well - for humanity.....

:p

Lol - Bowyn Aerrow - it sounds like you'd be raising Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.