Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Guys, Older Guys - Age Preferences
CoolWith regards to relationships:
a) The issue of younger guys seeking out guys their own age or younger; b) young guys seeking out older or much older guys; c) and older guys perfering to be with younger or much younger guys; can be an interesting topic for discussion, and one that I have always considered intriguing - both from an Astrological and personal perspective.
The main question here for this discussion, is:
WHY do you prefer (or seek out) guys your own age or near your age to hang out or hook up with?

Let's start with "A" first. And please everyone, lets let the young (and younger) guys weigh in on this discussion.

When there is a sufficient number of responses from you young guys, I will be back to reply with a comment ... or two. Wink

DJ
P.S. Perhaps giving a general "guideline" as to the term 'young' and 'older' would be fitting here: Age bracket: Young guys - under age 25. Older guys - over age 45.

I've not noticed much reluctance on the part of younger people round here to express an opinion.

Did you have a date in mind when the rest of us might join in? :confused:

Uranus1 Wrote:[COLOR=#000080]When there is a sufficient number of responses from you young guys, I will be back to reply with a comment ... or two.

Why be agest? (sp?) :p

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

[quote=marshlander]I've not noticed much reluctance on the part of younger people round here to express an opinion.

Did you have a date in mind when the rest of us might join in? :confused:

Hi marshlander,

All I meant by that statement was it might help to encourage an unbiased response from the young guys if the rest of us just sat back a little while to see what they had to say (without any comments coming from us older guys first).

And then post later a similar question, but geared primarily towards the older guys - and the younger guys sitting it out for awhile until the older guys have had THEIR say first.

DJ

well maybe its a good idea to specify what you mean by young , old etc , they are just terms and vary so much on perceptions. You can have a 60 yr old who would seem young to a 90yr old for example . For me age is not as important as finding someone you can connect with and have a similar outlook on life . Attitudes and values can sometimes vary between different generations , but without labeling this can depend upon the person , but would prefer to have a partner with similar interests and values . The other most important factor is physical attraction and chemistry . I have to fancy the person not as much physically but mentally, but if they are physically attractive too that is an added bonus . And I have noticed too Uranus that you dont have your age on your profile , is there a reason for this ? Do you worry about people being ageist?

I must agree with Gareth on this one. I find someone who i can talk to for hours on end alot more attractive relationship wise than a hot looking guy who i don't find intrests me. But i've never had a boyfriend so i can't say for sure. Age? I don't care about age. If i love someone, I LOVE someone, age has no bearing.

Hmmmm, maybe i'm not "qualified" to awnser this questioon?....:confused:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

ive never had a b.f , but know how I feel about this topic , its about the person inside , but does help if they have a physical attraction too , there are also many other more important factors , like not having insecurity issues , probs with ex's , the list is endless lol

Gareth125 Wrote:well maybe its a good idea to specify what you mean by young , old etc , they are just terms and vary so much on perceptions. You can have a 60 yr old who would seem young to a 90yr old for example . For me age is not as important as finding someone you can connect with and have a similar outlook on life . Attitudes and values can sometimes vary between different generations , but without labeling this can depend upon the person , but would prefer to have a partner with similar interests and values . The other most important factor is physical attraction and chemistry . I have to fancy the person not as much physically but mentally, but if they are physically attractive too that is an added bonus . And I have noticed too Uranus that you dont have your age on your profile , is there a reason for this ? Do you worry about people being ageist?

Answering your comments: a) The question for the topic (thread) discussion I started does not necessarily represent my personal views or what I consider important to me. And for the sake of keeping the discussion topic question as brief as possible, I did not attempt to clarify "age" to any extent other than what I stated in the original topic (Thread) discussion. b) As for my age, it can readily be determined by going to my Profile and clicking on a link that brings the person to my home website; And there is my age and a whole lot more.
So, to answer your question directly: No, I am not 'worried' about people being ageist.
Nor am I concerned with, or have inclinations towards desiring broad acceptance from others - I am not here on this Forum (or any other Forum) for that purpose. If someone likes me (for whatever reason), hey, that's ok. But if they don't, I really could not care less. I don't require that people like me.
I do require however if they are going to associate with me that they show me at least common respect. If they don't, I leave them and go about my business in some other direction, and associate with someone else who has the decency and self-respect that in turn draws the same from others to them.

However, I think you brought up a good point about age; and I have noticed that, usually (but not 100% of course), Forums and "relationship websites" to varying degrees - based here in the U.S.A. - are comprised of many guys who will NOT even attempt to communicate with a person who is over 40. And when one is over 50 or 60 - well, golly gee wiz, they make it seem like the guy is "pre-Aztec", and can't possibly be of any "worth" to them.

As for me personally - regarding relationships of ALL kinds, including anything from acquaintances to becoming lovers - I have never let "age" interfere with my associations with persons whom I have met along life's path. I have had (and still do) friendships with all ages: Individuals younger than me; much younger than me (Am I allowed to say that?), my age; persons older than me; and much older than me.

Had I put up an age barier (as so many persons do in the United States), I would have lost out on what turned out to be some very remarkable (and also emotionally/mentally rewarding) friendships (and several relationships that went far beyond mere friendship).

DJ

Well.....my "nurture" instinct is alive and well and bascially if I could be their father then I feel a tad protective of them and automatically assume the role of faux parent....I don't think about sex with anyone young enough to be my child but I don't care what other people do. I do have a 10 year rule...can go either way (older or younger)....my reasoning basically boils down to shared life experiences...I like my partner to be familiar with Vietnam...Sly Stone, Janis Joplin, Angela Davis...and above all else I want them to be as sure as I am that Ronald Reagan was Satan in the flesh.

If we are referring to friendships...I have no age barrier...I have had rewarding friendships with all ages all of my life and still do.

Anything is possible Wink for me.