Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Guys, Older Guys - Age Preferences
I would prefer someone my own age, but not to say I would go for it if someone older or younger came along who really connected with me. But I tend to look for guys my own age.

Age really doesn't matter to me if a guy can keep me safe and well then you know what is there not to love, but more so some older guys could and would see me as a child so i guess i'd have to date someone my own age. if that makes sense... xx

Mr. Lonely Wrote:perhaps it is because i came out so late 25.

Sometimes I wonder if that's the reason why I prefer younger guys as well. In my case, though, I wonder if it's a pathetic attempt to live a part of life I've lost for not accepting myself until very recently.

But I'm not sure if that's all. I usually connect better with guys a tad bit younger than me up to my age. Partially because I'm plainly immature, but part of it is probably due to myself being a rock musician, which holds deep relationship with youth. Or perhaps I'm a rock musician because I'm immature; who knows? At least I look a younger than my years.

FWIW, when I do see an older man I find attractive, I feel more of an admiration ("I want to be just like this guy!") than sexual attraction ("I want to fuck this guy!").

As a "young guy" I am certainly happy to share my opinions.. Smile

Ultimately, I would prefer a partner to at least the same age as me but ideally a few years older, up to about 10 years older than me. The reason is purely.. I have an immature personality sometimes and it would feel out of place if I were to date someone younger.. Tongue

Also.. I do enjoy the idea that my partner has life experiences and learnings able to share..

Also.. and, many may curse me for saying it.. but I would hazard a guess that it is not uncommon, most people just wouldn't admit it.. there is certainly a fun feeling of knowing you are the 'younger guy'.. I think it makes me feel sexy. "There, I said it" Smile

That being said, I've never been in a relationship with anyone over 3 years older than me, so I'm certainly not talking from experience.

I'm mainly into guys younger than me. Not pervy younger, only till about 16. Apparently I look 16 anyway. Not into people a lot older, 21 being the oldest for me probably. The main downside of having someone younger is we wouldn't be able to go places which are 18+ like pubs and clubs ect.

I'm 27, and I prefer older men. I feel as if I can't learn much from someone younger than me. When I met my fiance nearly 3 years ago, I had no idea he was 10 years older than me. He still to this day looks like he is 25! And the funny part is, everyone says I look 20.