Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Brain can unscramble and fill in things that are missing
There is a lot of research that shows the brain will "correct" missing or misplaced letters and words when reading. At least with highly skilled readers who have a huge store of examples in their memory.

http://www.livescience.com/18392-reading...words.html

Breaking the Code: Why Yuor Barin Can Raed Tihs
Credit: Dreamstime
You might not realize it, but your brain is a code-cracking machine.

For emaxlpe, it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.

I believe this also applies to visual images, wee see what isn't there or ignore what is. And example would be when someone out in the woods "sees" a deer that isn't there because a branch or something looked like antlers. Hunters suffering from "buck fever" have shot at everything from cows, bushes and rocks to tractors and other hunters. They wanted to see a trophy buck so bad their brain filled in a picture and they fired before making a positive identification. It is why hunter safety courses put importance on taking time to make a positive ID. (and also to be aware of the background in case you miss or the bullet goes through the deer)
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I guess that explains a lot about me lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!