Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Philosophy in Life
Or Mark Twain... Smile Strange isn't it?

I stick with the Oxford Book of Quotations for sourcing where possible.

1.We can learn something from everyone.
2.Trust your instincts.
3.Carpe diem. It's our duty to live life to the full.
4.A little of what you fancy does you good. I should know!
5.To thine own self be true. (Shakespeare and my Mum)
6.Average, ordinary people are best. It's important people you have to watch out for.(Brecht paraphrased)
7.Albabonzai's number 10.

It's not a philosophy obviously and it's certainly not mine. I'm generally an atheist. I say generally because I tend to get a bit religious when the plane's wings start flapping!

1) You can never be old and wise if you weren't young and stupid first.
2) Reality is something you rise above. (Liza Minelli, would you believe)
3) A scientist looking at a non-scientific problem is just as dumb as the next guy. (Richard Feynman)
4) Whenever God closes a door, somewhere, He opens a window.
5) You don't NEED alcohol to have fun, but why rub sticks together to start a fire when they've invented matches??

I always keep in mind the cliche: live and let live. Most commonly directed at people's beliefs. Soooooooooooo many people fight over simple beliefs that sometimes are quite similar to one another...

I say: everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. regardless of circumstances.

XRIMO Wrote:So is there a philosophy by which you live your life?

I want to make the world a better place by having been in it (rather than by leaving it Wink )

I like to try and be positive about things and stop being negative. I was in a negative and started having nightmares. I got woken up at night and couldn't sleep after I woke. But being positive and just my self seems to have stopped it.

One of my philosophies in life is to always try and do something that scares me. Obviously, I don't do things that are obviously stupid. However, there are lots of things that I would like to do, but for some reason feel uneasy. Those are the times when I realize I have to push through my fear and just go ahead and do it. I rarely regret it.