Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your best opera songs
Sorry - didn't work. Hayden, any ideas what I did wrong? Greg

Put a close bracket after the first youtube, then an open bracket before the /youtube.

I explained it weird, I know.

Check out the sticky thread "Posting YouTube videos" at the top of the music category on this board.

TryingNewThing Wrote:wow...this is amazing! I used to think they have their ballz removed before adolescence, glad you showed me this video :biggrin:

There are no more castrati so male singers capable of singing that high in their modal voice are really rare, there are a few (like the one I posted) who can do it because their trachea didn't develop normally.

The majority of castrati roles today are sung by counter-tenors or by a female mezzo-soprano dressed as a man.

Yay - it worked! Thanks again Hayden. Greg

I don't know a lot about opera but I have always loved some of the classic musicals like Les Miserables and Phantom, I still bust out The Music Of The Night in the shower.
Richard

ardus Wrote:I don't know a lot about opera but I have always loved some of the classic musicals like Les Miserables and Phantom, I still bust out The Music Of The Night in the shower.
Richard

I like musicals too, I saw Book of Mormon on Broadway earlier today and it was a blast.

I'm not a big fan of full operas but I do enjoy several arias. My favorite is O Mio Babino Caro from Gianni Schicchi.