Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your dream profession
TigerLover Wrote:I'd love to be a novelist. I think I might just be able to make it someday.

Do you have any short stories you can share with us?

I want to be a author
An eye for an eye

Darius Wrote:Do you have any short stories you can share with us?

Technically yes but I'm going to wait awhile.

A few months ago I emailed around and got myself a mentor. He showed me how to properly plan out a story. So I'm going to go back to my short stories (four in total) and rewrite them with my new understanding of pacing. (And hopefully plenty of feedback from him.)

When I'm done with the first one I'll post it as a reply to your comment.

I've always wanted to be a doctor but screw that, I am my own boss now.

When I was younger I always wanted to work with children
An eye for an eye

My big dream was to be a meteorologist, and even take the bold step of being a TV weatherman. Sadly, my maths and physics skills were just not good enough for me to get me to degree level Meteorology, however hard I tried. There's no job I'd love more.

axle2152 Wrote:[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] I would love to be an astronaut, not sure I would like the launch into space as that is the time where things can go wrong and likely to black out...but I love the idea of space travel or be able to orbit the Earth...

I could never be an astronaut. There is no life in space, no men. I would die of boredom. I couldn't live that kind of life, although health-wise I would fit the bill.

Until mankind has established a well-developed interstellar travel and exploration, and colonized multiple solar systems out there, I am not interested in leaving this planet behind.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

My biggest dream is still working in a kindergarten.

But when we drove my cousin to the airport today I found out that working in an airport as a handyman or whatever my cousin's friend's job there is called could be a very interesting job to have.
It's one where you help people in wheelchair sometimes, and then do other stuff other times.
You probably get to speak with lots of people with such a job in such a place.

A job I can actually do lol!

meridannight Wrote:I could never be an astronaut. There is no life in space, no men. I would die of boredom. I couldn't live that kind of life, although health-wise I would fit the bill.

Until mankind has established a well-developed interstellar travel and exploration, and colonized multiple solar systems out there, I am not interested in leaving this planet behind.

Oh no not permanently...just to have the experience of being one of very few who have left "the blue marble"
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!