Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite Piano Solos!!
TryingNewThing Wrote:ofc. Actually you can call me Steven, that's my name. let's do away with the nick lol

I love chopin's nocturnes; Chopin Nocturne D-flat major, Op.27 No.2 I played for my diploma exam years ago.

I hope you have fun with that piece. It is very beautiful.

Very beautiful indeed, Steven (my real name's Wade. I have no idea why I went with Hayden). Dramatic as well. I've just recently discovered Chopin's Nocturnes. Is enchanting too cheesy a word to use? I just started playing seriously again after about a ten year hiatus, which inevitably leads to the discovery of new (to me) wonderful music.

Do you work in music now?

I know it looks like it should be only classical piano solos here.

Sorry, but this damn cute and talented singer / songwriter Jon McLaughlin, who I have seen live four times, has this amazing song "Promising Promises" from his new album of the same name. This song has some GREAT piano work in it!

See his acoustic version of this song....

Hayden Wrote:Very beautiful indeed, Steven (my real name's Wade. I have no idea why I went with Hayden). Dramatic as well. I've just recently discovered Chopin's Nocturnes. Is enchanting too cheesy a word to use? I just started playing seriously again after about a ten year hiatus, which inevitably leads to the discovery of new (to me) wonderful music.

Do you work in music now?

sorry for the delay Wade. No, I work in IT but I'm switching careers to accounting/finance.

Music has always be a passion of mine, especially piano music - it's the only instrument I'm proficient at.

You might wanna check out Schubert and Schumann too if you like Chopin. I mean, there's no one likes Chopin but these two I believe sometimes share similar styles. The Romantic era is the renaissance of classical music - if you will - some composers like liszt writes really majestic pieces while some write pieces that will truly move you; I believe Chopin is in the later category.

Here's one by Schubert:

There was a lot more to this guy than rhinestones and feathers.

The Lullaby didn't work so I'm playing this instead.

And here's one extremely technically demanding performance by Lang Lang. Trust me, this one is incredibly challenging if not one of the most challenging of all piano repertoire (Part 2 especially). You don't see it in live performances very often and he's doing a very good job on his Carnegie debut. My virtual mentor <3

Well for "classical" piano pieces,

Erik Satie - Gymnopedie

For pop/rock I've always loved the piano in David Bowie's "Alladin Sane" from 2:00-3:30.

And finally, someone who grew up not too far from where I did, though in a far different time:

To be remembered just for comedy doesn't do him justice.