Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite gay/GLBT book?
Hey guys,

I've been looking to get back into gay fiction for a while (YA or adult) because I really enjoy it. My two personal recommendations for anyone would be A DENSITY OF SOULS by Christopher Rice and an indie book called IS HARVEY DUNE? by K.L. Romo. (The latter is absolutely beautiful. Really, it is.)

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not usually into straight romance (guy meets guy, falls in love, has to fight to stay with him for one reason that isn't beyond the realm of anything beyond the relationship, etc.) I usually like novels with a speculative fiction edge, but I can do pretty much anything so long as it isn't straight-out romance.

Running with Scissors and Dry by Augusten Burroughs

Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim

Holding the Man by Timothy Conigrave

Becoming a Man by Paul Monette

dfiant Wrote:Running with Scissors and Dry by Augusten Burroughs

Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim

Holding the Man by Timothy Conigrave

Becoming a Man by Paul Monette

I was just gonna say Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs! Wolf at the table was good too.

Wraeththu by Storm Constantine

You don't like Romance books? Cry I love them...

I post a lot of Gay themed/oriented books in the "What book[s] are you reading?" thread :biggrin: .

But most of them are romance. The Siluarian series, by L.A Wilson isn't so much romantic in the modern sense, as it's set in medieval Britan.

It's about a personal intrepretation of how King Arthur came to power and what could've went down, romantically, between him and his right hand man[who is ironically left handed] Bedwyr[The Fox], during their various campaigns.

It shows sex between men & women, as well as men and men, because some of the warriors preferred the love of another man in times of war, since they never knew if they would live or die the next day.

L.A Wilson believe Bedwyr and Arthur, who grew up together also, formed some relationship along the way and slowly but surely get together. They start off, "in love" , but not "in love" . It's more of a platonic brotherly/warriors love, but develops into more...

I shall give you no more! Xyxthumbs

[It's an eBook series, as far as I know]

Dancer from the Dance - Andrew Holleran
Confessions of a Mask - Yukio Mishima
Our Lady of the Flowers - Jean Genet

While England Sleeps by David Leavitt

One of the few books that made me outright cry while reading it.

wintermoon Wrote:One of the few books that made me outright cry while reading it.

Whew I thought I was the only guy that did that.

I cry especially alot during romance movies or when reading a romance book. My iPod get's sprinkled all the time Rofl

I also go; "Awww" alot and squeal lol.

QueenOdi Wrote:But most of them are romance. The Siluarian series, by L.A Wilson isn't so much romantic in the modern sense, as it's set in medieval Britan.

I added the guy on Facebook. Along with being a King Arthur/fantasy fan, I'm also starting up a fantasy review blog side project and am going to try to score his books off him for free. Hey -- the fact that they're male/male King Arthur stuff makes it SO much better.

Also -- I would HIGHLY recommend anyone who likes horror fiction with a gay slant to try Poppy Z. Brite's stuff. Though he is now Billy Brite and sadly no longer writes, his stuff as Poppy (LOST SOULS, DRAWING BLOOD, EXQUISITE CORPSE) is absolutely TREMENDOUS.

where do you find such books?