Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite gay/GLBT book?
dlboy53 Wrote:where do you find such books?

I order pretty much all of my stuff off Amazon.com. You can buy used books for REALLY cheap, and I mean in the 3-4 dollar range (which includes shipping.) Not that I mind what people think of what I read, but I can understand other areas (like Idaho) being a bit more :mad:

I make use of my library. I just started reading one the most interesting and possibly a new favorite book. Its called, "The Trouble Boy, by Tom Dolby". I swear it is the gay version of "Catcher in the Rye"

I am looking to watch some good gay movies, so list your favorites

I do not make it a point to read books/stories specifically because there is/are gay character(s) in it.

The only books that I read that had a gay protagonist that I can readily recall is the The Last Herald Mage Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey: Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise and Magic's Price.

I might have read a few others with gay character(s) in them but I can't recall them off hand.

Two books by David Rees:

The Milkman's On His Way - rites of passage/coming out themes.

The Hunger - the struggle of a relationship between an English landlord and an Irish "commoner", set against the background of the dreadful Irish famine of the 1840's.

It seems I have many books to read. Confusedmile:
I like the 5-part Yaoi/Manga series "I Shall Never Return"

The God Box. I love that book, something I would highly recommend.

My typical romance novels that I love is the happily ever after one, kinda soapy one. Yeah I root for those. LOL

The Way You Say My Name - Sara Bell
Zero At The Bone - Jane Seville
With Caution - J. L. Langley

Mine has to be Probation by Tom Mendicino! Such a fascinating read, I highly recommend it!

I was a pretty big fan of the Rainbow Boys books in middle school.
Mysterious Skin is another that is legendary among my friend group.