Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your home's decor
How about a thread where we can share some pics of how we've made our homes "our own"?

Do you have an unique or quirky decor items?  Something that expresses your humor or style?

Share the descriptions or pictures here.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I gave my bathroom a mini-makeover.

I had a hand towel hanging on the wall for decoration, and my original shower curtain from when I first moved in.  It will  be 8 years in May.

So, I ordered a new towel to hang on the wall, and a new shower curtain and liner.

I was also given a print as a gift, and I had to order a frame for it.

All the items have finally arrived, and they are up now.  I'll be doing a 'before' and 'after' so you can see the difference.

This is the corner of the bathroom that is by the toilet.  This towel is hanging as decor.  It was 8 years old, and showing its age.

[Image: 50984453912_4c93a04971_b.jpg]

This is the new, fresh towel to replace the old one. The picture is Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) and Sam Loomis (John Gavin) in a scene from "Psycho".

[Image: 50984453927_f2c9def888_b.jpg]

This is the original curtain.  It doesn't look bad here, but if you could see it up close, you would see that it was definitely time for a replacement.

[Image: 50984453882_f5404f8e98_b.jpg]

and this is the new and improved shower curtain.

[Image: 50984348196_25a852cc45_b.jpg]
[-] The following 2 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • ChadCoxRox, InbetweenDreams

Well, I guess I'm going to take a shower...

[Image: giphy.gif]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I guess this qualifies as an altar, really just a collection of stuff lol.

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Bookworm

I guess our sense of decor isn’t very adventurous. All our furniture is wood, we only have family pictures and modern art on the walls and surfaces, neither of us is into what I call dismissively “dust-collectors”. The only “wild” stuff are the animal print seat-covers of our dining room chairs. Woo-hoo

Oh, and our walls are painted in various colors, the living room is spring green, white and yellow, bedroom is brown, light brown and dark pink and the guest bedroom is blue, light blue and orange. After living with all white walls in CA for a couple of years we decided to add some colors.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I absolutely love your choice of bathroom decor @CellarDweller Smile. It is unique for sure Smile

Nothing much adventurous here really either, though as we are avid gamers, a whole wall of the lounge is covered in TV's, games and various consoles. One of the PS4's has been changed to a PS5 now too.

Ok, here are some pix of what I described in my previous post

Living/dining room, see the “wild” chairs

Bedroom

Guest bedroom, lung-volume meter on table (not a bong) 

one more interesting item, our Living room carpet, a Gustav Klimt imitation

Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • ChadCoxRox