Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your ideal man
A lot of times when I see people write what their ideal relationship would be, it sounds a lot like they are into themselves more then meeting someone new and fresh. Personally, I try to keep an open mind when it comes to dating. Do not set any expectations, just go with the flow and see what happens. A person with a long list of wants/needs from a relationship from the beginning is someone I do not want to personally date with. Why not just have conversation with people, normal conversation, and see how it goes?

My ideal boyfriend is simple, does not do drugs, does not commit crimes, that sort of thing. He could love playing the piano and watching the real housewives of new jersey, or he could be watching hockey with me and enjoying it. It all really doesnt matter. What matters is how we click.

You cant force people to like each other based on interests alone, you can have the same interests and still be incompatible because of your personality.... just my opinion...

I think the ideal man is the man you're having a relationship with, otherwise it won't work. If you're single, it makes no sense to idealize a man you want because he'll be really hard to find.

NayNay Wrote:A lot of times when I see people write what their ideal relationship would be, it sounds a lot like they are into themselves more then meeting someone new and fresh. Personally, I try to keep an open mind when it comes to dating. Do not set any expectations, just go with the flow and see what happens. A person with a long list of wants/needs from a relationship from the beginning is someone I do not want to personally date with. Why not just have conversation with people, normal conversation, and see how it goes?

My ideal boyfriend is simple, does not do drugs, does not commit crimes, that sort of thing. He could love playing the piano and watching the real housewives of new jersey, or he could be watching hockey with me and enjoying it. It all really doesnt matter. What matters is how we click.

You cant force people to like each other based on interests alone, you can have the same interests and still be incompatible because of your personality.... just my opinion...

Oh my Nay nay you couldn't be more right... that is often the thing I've noticed when I was dating... while I'm an out of crust individual... accepting pretty much many styles and different philosophies. Many of the persons I was meeting just happen that they should have date a mirror so much the where looking for a total reflection of themselves. I love who I am but heck god's knows I wouldn't be able to have two versions of me in the same room LOL.

Bluelight Wrote:And you know what, I forgot to add that my ideal man would make me feel less cynical about everything. That is actually probably the most important.

Might wanna start working on that before you find a boyfriend Smile Just saying!

Me just give me a man that knows how to please his partner, Ill be in heaven!

My ideal guy. I have him but it did take me sometime to realize that I couldn't find better. In fact I never really had an ideal guy. My first interest was always that the dude physically attract me, then comes the attitude, education and all the rest.

I laugh at those writing in their dating profile all of what they are looking... Because let's be honest... what interest you FIRST is to get someone to have sex with. Being brutally honest the first time I met Alex (my husband) I really was totally physically attracted to him... but although I knew he wasn't stupid... the only thing that really interested me for months was the fact that we both needed sex so much that every time we met it was to fuck like rabbits. One day he decided to stay and we had the greatest discussion about so many things and that's when I started seeing him less as a fuck doll. And that's how we started meeting and relax on the sexual urges and started the soiree with coffee instead of sperm lol.

I had no idea he was my ideal man, physically yes he was... I always had a weakness for blond surfer dude. But this surfer wasn't a dumb ass. And on his side,,, he had some pre-conceptual views about black guys... But I'm not a typical one (nobody is) but I do have it different. I was adopted, I've been assimilated into the Caucassian culture. And I turned out to be his ideal dude too. We both became ideal to one another... I truly had no specific standard (beside the physical ones)... my only rule is DON'T BE A FUCKING DOUCHE Smile

NayNay Wrote:You cant force people to like each other based on interests alone, you can have the same interests and still be incompatible because of your personality.... just my opinion...

Absolutely correct. However, if you're looking for new people to date, common interests are probably as good a place to start as any other.

I met someone fantastic recently who pass my entire list, I find him attractive physically & he doesn't even drink, there's just a tiny little microscopical issue.

He's straight.

Anyway, I got a new awesome friend, so I did win =).

A guy who makes me feel that I am needed and appreciated .....

I am not looking for Mr.perfect because he does not exist because nobody is perfect.
Sombody nice a cliche I know but still, somebody that I can truly be intimate with who can open up to me and I to them, soembody not afraid to show me their vulnerable side.
Somebody who needs me and I need him.
Somebody that likes to have fun, and most of all must like to be hugged and recieve cuddles. :p