Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your most frequent typo
Just wondering how many of us make typos really often:

Which seems to be the combination of letters that you get wrong the most often???

I know I often type out HVAE too fast instead of HAVE...

Other interesting typos?

Sometimes I've even typed out words that meant something completely different from what I originally meant, and they could have got me into trouble (because they betrayed what I originally meant to say, a bit like a LAPSUS LINGUAE).

So start having a good look at what typos you make, and if any of them are funny and post them here so we can compare, maybe even make 10 point survey of the most common typos.

Here's one I picked up from ~D5~, I believe it's quite common too.
"Zing!

welcome to the forums, hope you like it here Big Grin and hope that soem day you and the one you love can meet and be happy together"

I always blow the rule ""I" before "E" except after "C" " lol and now I have the whole rule completely confused in my mind because when I use it spell check corrects me and I have no idea how the words are spelled anymore so I just go with what spellcheck tells me

...my most common one is putting the apostrophe after the "t" such as dont' (I used to correct it all the time but now...eh...not so much:biggrinSmile

wierd (see...follows the rule BUT spellcheck changes it to weird)

eastofeden Wrote:I always blow the rule ""I" before "E" except after "C" " lol and now I have the whole rule completely confused in my mind because when I use it spell check corrects me and I have no idea how the words are spelled anymore so I just go with what spellcheck tells me

...my most common one is putting the apostrophe after the "t" such as dont' (I used to correct it all the time but now...eh...not so much:biggrinSmile

wierd (see...follows the rule BUT spellcheck changes it to weird)
You're right the word WEIRD is an exception to that rule probably. I think I know of other exceptions containing I and E in a sequence or E & I in a sequence such as LEItmotiv, but then that's from a German word and surely the rules are different with forEIgn words... erm....

DONT' is a good one for my list. Thanks

If I had to depend on my memory & proof reading skills, no one would be able to decipher what I typed (smile)...

My biggest problem is I prop my feet up on the desk and set the keyboard on my lap when typing and the keyboard moves while my fingers don't.... When I review what I've typed - it looks like some form of alien shorthand. (yjod od ejsy od ;ppld ;olr)

right : wrong

nicht : nciht, nihct, nicth
Haus : Hasu
Nase : Nsae
Friend : Freind
Kräuter _ uml. Kraeuter : Kreuater Krueater Kraueter
Bücher_uml. Buecher : Beucher

jimcrackcorn Wrote:If I had to depend on my memory & proof reading skills, no one would be able to decipher what I typed (smile)...

My biggest problem is I prop my feet up on the desk and set the keyboard on my lap when typing and the keyboard moves while my fingers don't.... When I review what I've typed - it looks like some form of alien shorthand. (yjod od ejsy od ;ppld ;olr)

Lol, Jim, that sort of typo occurs to me too, but generally it's when the keyboard has been slightly dis-centred Scatterfrom where I usually lay my hands. I touch type so that can happen quite frequently, if I don't look where I place my hands. ScatterAstrosmiley2

My most frequent typo is really not a typo, but for some odd reason... I may put another capital letter after a word like for example... here's GaySpeak... I may accidently put in GAySpeak. I hate it when I do that.

fenris Wrote:right : wrong

nicht : nciht, nihct, nicth
Haus : Hasu
Nase : Nsae
Kräuter _ uml. Kraeuter : Kreuater Krueater Kraueter
Bücher_uml. Buecher : Beucher

love this pair / combination, Fenris, this is one I often make too....
Does it apply to the rule: "I before the E"? I know I just get my fingers mixed up when I try to type FRIEND

my number one is on Cutieboys list, sometimes i hold shift down a tad too long and might type e.g. GAyspeak instead of Gayspeak

other than that, my number two also already mentioned, freind, instead of friend =]