Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your most frequent typo
Cutieboy Wrote:My most frequent typo is really not a typo, but for some odd reason... I may put another capital letter after a word like for example... here's GaySpeak... I may accidently put in GAySpeak. I hate it when I do that.
hahaha, I've noticed that I do that too with words beginning with MA
like my friend, MArtine... so I've got that typo in my phone and it won't go away till it's replaced by some other new word....
Another example would be MAssachusetts. Something to do with how quickly I release the SHIFT key.

I make so many it's hard to choose.
I have a really bad habit of leaving out entire words.

hajime.saitou Wrote:my number one is on Cutieboys list, sometimes i hold shift down a tad too long and might type e.g. GAyspeak instead of Gayspeak

other than that, my number two also already mentioned, freind, instead of friend =]

Hajime, we'll definitely put FRIEND or FREIND in the list of common ones then... There's three of us already that do / make that common typo.

TimmyThink Wrote:I make so many it's hard to choose.
I have a really bad habit of leaving out entire words.
Well, next time you type really quickly, have a look at what you've written and check what you've written. You may find yourself saying: "Oooops, I've made that one again!"

spelling it wrong by acsiedent

Joseph, that's precisely the point. We know how to spell the word normally, but our fingers just type too fast, faster than our brain can realise that we've made the mistake. I believe there are certain key combinations that are difficult to type in a given sequence. All keyboards are different. They actually have worked on this problem. There is a page in Wikipedia about the ergonomics of keyboards and which letter combinations go best for which fingers.

Keyboard layout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Just imagine how Chinese people type out their characters using PinYin
so complex, we have it easy.
[Image: 800px-Dajia-shuo-Putonghua-2817.jpg]

Wellcome: Well-come, i just type what i think.....which isn't corect.....
Whant: too used to putting a "H" after the "W" in words which begin with "W".
Feel/Fell: [what i normally think]Ok now push that key twice......NO NO the other letter![/what i normally think] And this happens on alot of words with two of the same letter next to each other.(Like the second "normally", i typed "Normaaly" first)

The two above, i normally type when i'm not concentraiting. I know they're wrong. And i normally have to weed them out.

Awnser: I managed to break the habit on this one in the last couple of years.
Excape: See above.
I used to spell "Embarrassed" incorectly till recently.....or is that still incorect?:redface:

I think i am a little dyslectic, so i sometimes use the wrong vowels in words i'm not sure how to spell, or put a couple of the letters the wrong way around.

And these are just some of the mistakes i make.
I'm terible......:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:Wellcome: Well-come, i just type what i think.....which isn't corect.....
Whant: too used to putting a "H" after the "W" in words which begin with "W".
Feel/Fell: [what i normally think]Ok now push that key twice......NO NO the other letter![/what i normally think] And this happens on alot of words with two of the same letter next to each other.(Like the second "normally", i typed "Normaaly" first)

The two above, i normally type when i'm not concentraiting. I know they're wrong. And i normally have to weed them out.

Awnser: I managed to break the habit on this one in the last couple of years.
Excape: See above.
I used to spell "Embarrassed" incorectly till recently.....or is that still incorect?:redface:

I think i am a little dyslectic, so i sometimes use the wrong vowels in words i'm not sure how to spell, or put a couple of the letters the wrong way around.

And these are just some of the mistakes i make.
I'm terible......:redface:

Dyslexia, I think would be another problem in fact, so those typos can't really count. I think the person who suffers from dyslexia really does not see where the letters are in relation to each other thus putting together letters in a bit of a random order.
Embarrassed with two Bs and two Ss is correct with two Rs, TeRRible also has two Rs. Wouldn't it be simpler if no two identical letters were required in a sequence?

I'd like to point out that this is a thread about TYPOs, therefore not mistakes that are made knowingly or unwittingly, just sequences of letters that we recognise as wrong but that we make when we type too fast.
I'm not talking of mistakes like SEPERATE instead of SEPARATE, nor of THERE instead of THEY'RE or THEIR, all three acceptable in their various contexts, but definitely often wrongly used.

princealbertofb Wrote:Wouldn't it be simpler if no two identical letters were required in a sequence?
But wouldn't we need new letters or an indicator that the letter is pronounced differently?

EDIT: I'm thinking about this too much me thinks.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so