Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your place of residence - how homophobic is it?
Ehh my little town is probably like a 4.

My family is divided, my parents and my father's family would probably be about a 4, maybe 3.5. My mother's side probably gets into the negative numbers, but that's just my impression of conservative Polish Catholics. They might try an exorcism.....kidding!......I hope......

My great grandmother gets mad if anyone in her family votes democrat (i.e for Obama) which might give you an idea of what some of them are like. Some of them aren't bad though.......

I would say... A mix of 2 and 3...

5 I live in the best place I could imagine. I love my town and my family and friends. Life's sweet.

Joshular Wrote:5 I live in the best place I could imagine. I love my town and my family and friends. Life's sweet.

I so so soooo envy you!!! haha

5 - Very accepting, I can marry whom I want, I can kiss my same sex partner in the street and being gay doesn't bother my career/social life/other.

+ I live in the gay village now lol.

Thank you for your feedback, I just wanted to have a clearer picture of societies you come from.
Generally, people here are mostly comfortable and well-accepted. Tho, JimmyDalton and I could use some changes in our governments/societies, lol.

Maybe this is an offtopic, but fenris' post about stupid questions made me think. What is the worst kind of questions you were asked?

Mine is: Question: Okay, I get it, you're gay and that like okay, but don't you think that choosing a lifestyle of that kind isn't very realistic? I mean, you can never have family, right.

I just told her that the fact that you're straight doesn't necessarily grant you a happy and prosperous life and, on the other side, being gay doesn't mean you're ending up alone, bitter and old.(though sometimes I fear that could happen)

I guess about a 3. There are still a lot of homophobic people in my area. Hell, a lot of my friends still use "gay" and "fag" as an insult. But I doubt anyone would actually do anything to a gay person. While I don't have any real gay friends, I have friends that do have gay friends. And with my slightly homophobic friends, I can imagine them making some inappropriate gay jokes, but if they made them in front of a gay person and he called them out on it, they'd feel all awkward and apologize.

I would say where I live is I guess a 2.5, you wouldn't get bashed if some knew you are gay but holding hands in public is a no.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

5 here, and I am very grateful for that!

Pretty much 5, although in the school environment, in like health talks and that sort of stuff, it's often turned an awkward blind eye to.