Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thought for the day...
Post a personal thought for the day.

Your favorite saying, your personal thought, a quote you like, a line from a poem or song.......something that makes you feel better or gets you through the day.

[Image: sunset-field-224202.jpg]

[Image: rottenecard_6866921_c2ys6p4d3s.png]

I like the saying made by my favourite and most influencial greek god; Apollo(God of healing,medicine,music,etc) through Delphi;

"know Thyself"

Which has many meanings, but is typically thought to mean "know who you are, your limitations, and be not boastful"

Or something to that degree, which goes hand in hand with the basis of Medical practice and Knowledge that he was known for.

I believe in you.

"Things will work out in the end..~!"

[Image: th_RainbowShootingStar.gif]

Now I'm thinking mah previous thought was too deep compared to those two (∆∆Wink

>,>

Sylph Wrote:Now I'm thinking mah previous thought was too deep compared to those two (∆∆Wink

>,>

lol, as full of wisdom those guys have contributed.. sometimes it's the
simple things that get people through their day..

but just my two cents, lol..

Well I was thinking back on Tasslehoff Burrfoot, who is the bravest Kender to have ever lived, and he has some of my favourite thoughts.

"'What did your father say?' asked Fizban gently.
'He said kenders were small because we were meant to do small things. 'If you look at all the big things in the world closely,' he said, 'you'll see that they're really made up of small things all joined together.' That big dragon down there comes to nothing but tiny drops of blood, maybe. It's the small things that make the difference.'" (398) ((Tas))

"Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that I'd much rather be disliked for being me than to be disliked just because I'm a kender. I can do some*thing about me, you see, but I can't do much about being a kender because my mother was a kender and so was my father and that seems to have a lot to do with me being a kender. (...)"
(Tas saying to Gerald; a racist; Dragons of a Fallen Sun, p.194-195, paperback)

And of course: "Without the darkness you would never see the stars!" - Tas.

Wow, I miss the dusty old Dragonlance books from my high school...

At the end of the day you find it is better to feel a little bit conceited from too much self-love than it is feel ashamed from too much humility.

I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor and i believe i am winning.