Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zelda or Final Fantasy?
Hokay, which series of games do you prefer, and why ?

Nice, simple question there Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I've never played the FF series... would probably like it.

Love Zelda! Way back to the Legend of Zelda on the NES - silver cartridge and The Adventure of Link - gold cartridge

For my part, I've only ever played the Zelda series too, so I'd have to say that ... I did WATCH Final Fantasy VII being played on the Playstation by my brother for a while, and some of the Super Extreme Ridiculous Over-the-top Death-Finishing Moves were AMAZINGLY cool, but it never really grabbed me to the extent I wanted to play through it from start-to-finish ...

... whereas the Ocarina of Time ... ooh YEAH baby :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Definately Final Fantasy. VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X are some of the best games out there. I think everyone should have to play at least on of them some time in their life.

I love both of them but I'm the FF series is #1 for me ; ;

I realized I didn't explain why I liked Final Fantasy.
Well, first there are the stories. Final Fantasy starts you usually in a simple fairy-tale world and then throws it into utter chaos. When you think about where you start from and where the final battle takes place, it is a roller coaster ride.
Second are the characters. Most FF games do an excellent job of building the main characters. You care about them. They go through enormous stress and inner-conflicts and do their best to come out on top. The villains are equally as interesting. Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Kuja, and Seymour make up the powerhouse of gaming villainy. I mean the Cloud/Sephiroth conflict or the Zidane/Kuja relationship are so intense that they continue to leave me in awe.
Third, I just love RPG's. You never have to worry about crappy camera angles or clunky manuvers. Sure, it can get repititive, but you can find some interesting ways to make the battles more intense.
Fourth, the CGI in game movies are breath-taking. Some of the best graphics you will find in the world of gaming.
Fifth, the music is also incredible. I have the soundtracks to VII, VIII, IX, and X and I listen to them constantly. Nobou Uematsu is a musical genius.
Their are lots of other little bits that make Final Fantasy an amazing series, but I would have to go back and play through the games to really come up with a complete list.

I am not saying that Zelda is bad or that I don't like it. The Zelda games are amazing in their own right. But for me, Final Fantasy is superior.

Well said Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Personally I've always been a big fan of Zelda right back to the original NES, put simply it's a classic and the boss battles are always something. Although I always hate that anoying water dungeon.

I've only played V to VIII of Final Fantasy since I didn't buy a PS2, but the storyline and character depth is amazing, also the FMV's are breathtaking, was so happy when they released the Advent Children movie. But I've been a fan of Squaresoft(Square Enix now) games since Secret of Mana.

It's hard to decide between the two but if I had to choose I'd probably go for Zelda, especially after Twilight Princess, which I didn't get a chance to finish before I came over to England. Sad

My opinion might change if I had played the more recent FF games.

I love this song.

Wow, thats like asking to choose between your Mum or your Dad :tongue:

As a series the Zelda games just shade it for me however, Final Fantasy VII is the greatest game I have ever and probably will ever play. (Zelda OoT runs close 2nd mind) FFVII had it all the story, the gameplay, just everything, in fact I love it so much I've recently downloaded it onto my PC to play again, (and i wonder why I'm single lol!)

The single greatest gaming experience has to be breeding that gold chocobo and using Knights Of The Round for the 1st time. just wish they'd make a next-gen remake! Supergrin