Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero hours sleep
Well, I'm sitting here, having breakfast at a diner with zero hours sleep. My newly 21 year old fiancé is passed put on the couch after his first night of legal drinking. We got home around 4am. I was tired but wired. Had to stay up a little bit to make sure he wasn't going to get sick.

So much for promises of getting lucky tonight.

But he had fun, didn't run into anyone who knew him, or his background. So, no drama in public... Catmilk

You know when I turned 21 I didn't really have that urge to get plastered. Not saying I haven't been plastered. I have been plastered enough times to not really want to do that again.

But it is good that he had a good time and nothing bad happened.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

yeah, by the time I turned 21 I'd been through enough alcohol in college, it was like ho hum... another year older...

Lol my 18th was a very good, well I think. Ah you yanks sound like light weights lol.

Hmmmm how ever my 21St was very messy, uni had its moments lol.

artyboy Wrote:Lol my 18th was a very good, well I think. Ah you yanks sound like light weights lol.

Hmmmm how ever my 21St was very messy, uni had its moments lol.

alcohol isn't my favorite party substance

Nearly 9 years ago, and my drinking has come down to only 4 pints of ale or just a cup of coffee. Yep I drink coffee in a bar, club or pub lol

You let him go get drunk and expected to get laid? LOL.

Oh well, he had fun, that's what counts.

I will never understand the urge to drink that you're supposed to have at that age. I never did, and I was of legal drinking age at 18. Alcohol became something I do only now really, last 2 years or so. And it's more coping mechanism than "having fun"...oh well.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I think as long as you don't do it in excess or really everyday you're probably fine. I used to smoke to cope with work and really I didn't need it. It is good to let loose every now and then.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Alcohol is actually not as fun as its reputation makes it sound. It's quite a lame thing, and you have to know your limits or it becomes the reverse of fun.

Over here the legal drinking age starts from 18, but everybody started a couple of years before then already. When I was in high school, the senior year we had a lot of parties, including alcohol, of course. There was no difficulty in getting our hands on it. Guys got wasted well before anybody was legal. By the time I hit 18, there was no such feeling as wanting to go and get wasted to celebrate that. 'So I can buy my own alcohol from now own? Meh'.

I actually think 18 is better than 21, for becoming legal. It's closer to high school graduation age, the time when guys are going to party one way or another anyway. And I've heard many weird stories of how in USA people go out and get wasted the day they turn 21 because they haven't had any before then, and they overdo it because they didn't learn their limits. 21 is too late. You make people wait that long, and the probability that they'll overdo it goes up. You don't hear this type of thing happening in Europe where we have 18 instituted all over.

[MENTION=22879]kindy64[/MENTION], hopefully your fiancé will feel better after he sleeps it off.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

A couple of glasses of wine is nice but after that the fun to hangover/headache is less and drinking chronically will destroy your liver...but so will fast food and ultimately we all will die off.

There's a fine line between carpe diem and living in a bubble and either choice or anything in between will lead to your down demise. So make the best of the time you have but don't be a total dunce or a total square.

I think one of the main reasons was have a 21 drinking age is because of drunk drivers we have...we have organizations like MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) and so on and after you have so many deaths from teens and so on lawmakers get pushed to pass laws.

I see both the benefit and the problem it would create having the legal drinking age lower. On one hand you get it out of their system in the other hand you have a younger less mature person getting drunk and are prone to making bad choices like driving. So it's one of those damned if you damned if you don't. Heck I heard that they wanted to raise the age to buy tobacco to 21 in some states here. Frankly, I think tobacco ought to be outlawed, does less than alcohol and kills just as many people if not more.
Check out my stuff!