Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a guy over heard a converstation about my sexuality I was having with a friend ?
So I was talking to this straight guy I know and he knows I'm lesbian ; we were talking about dating and he asked me what type of girls I like . Another guy was sitting there listening and started getting interested in the conversation . I'm a bit worried that he might start telling other people I'm lesbian , I don't mind but I'm just scared it'll bring harassment from men . (you know the ones that think they can change you )
Should i be worried ?Catmilk

If you want to keep secrets the best method is to keep your mouth shut.

Here is the deal, you can choose to live in fear and mind your every word, or you can just accept that people will do whatever it is they do and come up with some method to deal with the 'worst' in people and embrace the 'best' in people.

Eventually your 'secret' will become general knowledge, and yes there are those who will be 'that way' about it. So eventually you most likely will have to deal with a person who has a problem with your sexuality.

When a person decides to come out of the closet they are accepting the good and the bad. This harassment from others falls under the bad category. Its there, it will most likely be an issue at least once in your out of closet experience...

Is it this fellow? Unknown, and unknowable until he does something.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:If you want to keep secrets the best method is to keep your mouth shut.

Here is the deal, you can choose to live in fear and mind your every word, or you can just accept that people will do whatever it is they do and come up with some method to deal with the 'worst' in people and embrace the 'best' in people.

Eventually your 'secret' will become general knowledge, and yes there are those who will be 'that way' about it. So eventually you most likely will have to deal with a person who has a problem with your sexuality.

When a person decides to come out of the closet they are accepting the good and the bad. This harassment from others falls under the bad category. Its there, it will most likely be an issue at least once in your out of closet experience...

Is it this fellow? Unknown, and unknowable until he does something.

wait I'm not sure what you mean ?

No worries, just tell them their penis is to small for you.

Melody Wrote:wait I'm not sure what you mean ?

He means don't worry, be confident that you can deal with whatever life brings you, that some folks will care you're a lesbian and others won't care.

worst comes to worst, you could always slap some sense into any men harassing you! or just slapping them would work:biggrin:

jaxc Wrote:worst comes to worst, you could always slap some sense into any men harassing you! or just slapping them would work:biggrin:

Reminds me of this demotivator:

[Image: education-works-on-children-dogs-and-men...poster.jpg]

Melody Wrote:wait I'm not sure what you mean ?

And at this part of the morning neither am I..... :biggrin:

Hmm Actually I know what I'm trying to say but I guess I don't know how to say it.

I guess Camfer summed up a good chunk of it.

There is bit more there. Its not enough coffee yet for me to puzzle out a way to reword this.

You're making alot of assumptions about an innocent guy, who was captivated by the subject. He's most likely a normal nice guy, who had never seen a lesbian before.

No, you shouldn't be worried about this particular incident. But if some asshole does harass you, he'll get his soon enough. Karma is a beautiful thing.