Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
acceptance?
[Image: 6a00d8341c730253ef019102fb6d60970c-800wi]

Interesting how Canada that has given same sex couples the right to marry for quite a while now is at 80%. I suppose we ARE talking about acceptance for LGBTs, right?
Interesting that the highest numbers are in Germany and Spain (87 and 88%)

Pellaz, please say what this map refers to. Thanks.

Acceptance of what exactly?

If its of same sex people liking each other, then those numbers are WAY WRONG.

Here's an interesting page to read about acceptance around the world after a fairly big study.
http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/06/04/the-...sexuality/

... but also this page : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06...de=2539162

I think the "80%" acceptance thing in Canada is a little bit off. 4/5 people definitely aren't supporters here.... but I would say that if you're including people who don't give a shit if lgb get married, it's probably about right. Our country has had gay rights for a long time, and our constitution protects us. Our schools increasingly have gay straight alliances. I'm sure all of that helps us out.

I love it when maps completely miss out New Zealand. It's not like Iceland where they ignore its statistics or information, they just completely cut New Zealand out in the corner so it's just Australia all alone Tongue. I have seen that happen too many times to count.

Although I thnk it's a bit inaccurate to generalise the whole world into a number on an 'acceptance scale'. The different countries perceive homosexuality differently.

xD

Lilitu Wrote:I love it when maps completely miss out New Zealand. It's not like Iceland where they ignore its statistics or information, they just completely cut New Zealand out in the corner so it's just Australia all alone Tongue. I have seen that happen too many times to count.

Although I thnk it's a bit inaccurate to generalise the whole world into a number on an 'acceptance scale'. The different countries perceive homosexuality differently.

xD

This. We don't even exists we are just imaginary.

Kiid Wrote:This. We don't even exists we are just imaginary.

That's why its so expensive to fly in and out of here. You have to transcend into a different dimension of reality.

there's also the question of acceptance as a nation, and acceptance on an individual level. Canada is very accepting, but there are still a LOT of people against it.
They just know for the moment they've lost the arguement, but they're still here.

80% might be close