Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice
Panda Express? In n Out?

Actually... that Idea is a good one.... but what are Panda Express and In n Out?

fast food restaurants.

I like your plan best... I'd better sleep so I'm rested for the wedding I'm attending tomorrow (I love weddings <3)

The easiest way to get a job in the DFW is to apply to all the temp agencies down there.
You can go anywhere, work for any company making any amount of money.
Average minimum you will make going that route is $8-$10/hr. Most places will pay $12-$14/hr or more
With that kind of money you'd be able to get a license, a car, your own place and a therapist.

Look for a roommate in CL and roommates.com, roommatefinder.com

Allow me to be the asshole to wreck your day.

You are 18 year old kid who knows nothing, and clearly takes everything personally.

I assure you, 20 years from now you will look at 18 year olds and shake your head with wisdom and the weight of years and know and understand exactly what your problem today is.

Most kids your age go through this... its not until about a decade down the road that we can look back and see that our folks, our siblings our whatever was working and operating from the advanced state of hard won wisdom that only the years can teach.

There is no nice way to say this, you're still a kid. You have the legal rights of an adult in many ways, not all), but you lack the hard experience of years.

I'm pretty certain that the people that annoy you so are hard pressed to pass on their hard won experience.

Its a bitch being up here in the late 40's and looking back trying to figure out a way to pass on the 20+ years of life as an adult to a kid who just reached adult (mostly) status by law.

The saying 'youth is wasted on the young' means something to me... If only I knew what I know now at age 18 my life would have been totally different... Alas, it took me a decade to 'get it' and understand that the old people were trying to tell me.

Step back, take a deep breath, and rest assured, a decade from now you WILL understand why these people are being this annoying, and you will most likely will suddenly see why it is they try so hard to be this hard on you and get you to see what they see.

I fear every old generation has this struggle with every new generation... History is flush with old people trying to get new people to see the wisdom of time itself.

Will: What I want to say, and I can't stress this enough - before you leave your parents home, make sure you have a workable plan. Make sure you're going into a situation that's safe, make sure you can afford it financially. Look Joey, I don't want to sound like an old fart (even though I AM one lol) but I see it all the time in my job, people who get fed up with home and family, but didn't plan out their exit. And man, there are a lot of worse situations out there than what you're facing now.

While you're still there, try to distance yourself mentally from the chaos. And I know, easier said than done. But in comparison to the rest of your life, this is a short term situation.

Just have a sensible plan.

By the age of 14/15 is when I felt mature enough mentally to be on my own as an adult.

Before I had moved out on my own at 17, I was already working while going to school, saving for a car and saving for an apt of my own while paying rent and contributing to the household expense.

To me, living with just my mom for a couple of years before moving out was a practice run for what it would be like to live on my own with a roommate. My relationship with my mom at that point at that time was more of just civility and respecting boundaries, it was like my mom was just a roommate since I was basically helping to pay for almost half of everything, it prepared me for being able to handle budgeting money and understanding how to manage expenses.

When I finally did move out, because of my income level, I was able to afford a studio apartment by myself without even needing a roommate and I absolutely loved it. And this was in Southern California where I grew up. Some of my best experiences were in that tiny studio apartment living on my own.

I started enjoying being nude all the time, would have friends over all the time, girls, had parties all the time.

My neighbor was a really hot 25 year old bi dude who would bring home a different chick or dude almost every night, had to endure listening to him bang away all night. The chicks he brought home looked like beautiful runway models, had a few threesomes with him and some of those chicks, he also shared them with me.

Looking back even now, as with then, being on my own was one of the best things I ever did.