Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice on my gay relationship
Quote:Ouch. Do people really do that?

All the time. Especially me. Just because you are in a relationship with someone doesn't mean that there is a chance that you will marry that person. Just like not all best friends are "best friends forever".

your relationship should not make you miserable because it should play a small role in your life. you should have a ton of friends, family, a great career, hobbies, and lots of other stuff to enjoy. So like I said earlier "enjoy it". If it's making you too miserable, leave it's that simple.

Cuddly Wrote:Ouch. Do people really do that?

Yes they do. And its a rather common phenomena. One of the reasons why I am loath to start dating again. One of the reasons why I have 6 relationships under my belt where I only just wanted one partner to last a lifetime....Rolleyes

At least Travis is honest about his feelings to us (to his partner? IDK I didn't ask) and knows what page he is on. A lot of people have that attitude, but hide behind a mask and pretend to play nice. Actually lie through their fucking teeth about their intentions.

I'm uncertain of the wisdom of thinking 'yeah right, this is only a temporary thing' is a good idea. Perhaps a more open and honest approach is best where both sides know where they stand.

I do hope this doesn't make you start questioning your own relationship. Typically the behaviors of those who feel that that using others is perfectly ok, tend to show it in a plethora of ways early on in the relationship.