Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice please?!
I have always thought i sorta liked girls but would always deny it and say i would never but recently i was with a bunch of friends that i work with and me and this girl that is a lesbian were joking around flirting and a few minutes later she put her arm around me without anyone noticing she later texting me asking if i was ok or if i felt uncomfortable and i said no and soon realized i liked it and enjoyed it a lot so we have been talking for a couple days now and i like her a lot and we told a couple of my close friends and coworkers that we were talking. which made me feel so much better that they understood so i thought i would tell my mom and because i tell her everything but at first she didnt seem to happy and thinks im just curious but doesnt think i like girls but i know i really like this girl a lot what should i do???

Take it slow. Nobody says you have to jump in bed with her. I realize at your age things feel like they should move instantly, but they really don't. Try dating her for awhile. Hang out together and see if the two of you are compatible. Love and intimacy can come later if the two of you continue to enjoy each other's company.

Hi and Welcome to Gay Speak. Wavey

How one identifies them self sexual orientation wise should be up to them. Just tbecause you have this one woman in your life that appears to be rocking your world doesn't mean you are gay/bi whatever. It only means she rocks your world.

You will need to sit and think about yourself, and what you ultimately want in a partner (generic partner not this particular person) and decide if you lean more toward men or women (for a straight/gay orientation) or if you lean pretty much equally to both genders (bi - identity).

I would suggest that you don't let a one off individual to guide your 'coming out' if you have uncertainty about yourself and your leanings. This is not a race and you don't need to hurry to come up with an answer.

first off welcome to gs

-what might be an experiment for you is a possible date for your other. Make it clear, take it slow. its possible to say this and still say you find her very attractive.
-i would separate your personal life from the work place. maybe not completely but put some boundaries up there.
-measure what you say to others, co-workers, friends and family and how it gets back to your significant other. If you cant repeat to the prospective gf what you said to a friend, its bad.
-we know society is are a lot more acceptable now but still being gay and especially bi complicates your life. Your mother, in her ways, maybe might be responding to this. I think you need to work it out and know your strengths and go with what could make you the happiest. Trust me the sadness in having a loving husband that you are trapped in a doomed relationship with is not a good experience. dont invite your mother into your bed, this is something you alone have to manage.

Sweetie all you can is be true to yourself.
Give your mum time she will come around.