Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
always goodbyes..
It seems that every friend that I've gotten to like and be close with for the past years eventually leave. It's always so bittersweet..

Sometimes it makes me think that I should just close myself up and not get too close to people. :Confusedigh::

Cry

.. oh well. I should just get used to it.

Nothing lasts forever and everyone will eventually leave.

brybry87 Wrote:It seems that every friend that I've gotten to like and be close with for the past years eventually leave. It's always so bittersweet..

Sometimes it makes me think that I should just close myself up and not get too close to people. :Confusedigh::

Cry

I know how you feel. :frown: There's always the possibility of bumping into those friends again. If you close yourself to future friendships you'll miss out on some great experiences. Can you contact them at all? Either by phone, email, or facebook? Is it wrong for me to assume that they left on good terms?

You are both at an age where friendships are fluid.

By that I mean your friends have finished college/university and they move on be it emotionally or physically in search of the dream.

I'm confident it has nothing to do with either of you because from your previous posts you both seem like really nice guys that I would be proud to call friends.

I would just say the friends that you find and lost are are in a different place in their lives...no biggie Wink

Bry, keep yourself open! Don't close up shop. dfiant put it well about being at an age when friendships are fluid. The older I've gotten, the fewer friends I've ended up with...TRUE friends, that is. But I don't feel bad about only having a handful of great friends at this point in my life. My partner is my best friend now too and If I had closed up in my 20s I would have never met him.

Hang in there buddy! It only gets better, and it's kind of trite, but one goodbye can lead to 10 more hellos.

brybry87 Wrote:It seems that every friend that I've gotten to like and be close with for the past years eventually leave. It's always so bittersweet..

Cry

Hi Brybry never close your self up. You have friends. Such as all of us here at GS.Confusedmile:

well, I could care less for having lots and lots of friends. I'm over that and have been for awhile. It's the friends that I do make close connections with that tend to just end up leaving.

It always happens. I always end up by myself while everyone else moves on to new and better things.

..and oddly enough, my old best friend randomly contacts me through an old forum I used
to post on..

This just kicked up more memories of being left behind..

As much as I wanna get in touch with him again; I'm not sure how I'll feel when I hear all
of the things and new friends he's made.

I have been through this so many times. Especially living in London and going to university here, the problem is made worse.

I am now so closed up to everyone so that I can never get hurt. I don't let the barrier down and I don't let anybody in emotionally. I am charming and funny and sociable, but I never let people in.

I have foolishly done so on two occasions romatically with guys, and when it ended I truly went off the rails and couldn't cope - maybe I am obsessive, I don't know. But to avoid the deep depressions I suffer when this happens, avoidance of such intimacy in the first place is a cure.

Don't be like that, friendship can be for a reason, season or a lifetime, it may just be you have had a few seasonal friendships.