Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
... and nothing will ever exhaust me
I just came across this quote:

[Image: tumblr_mdcrk7ubvL1qiwclbo1_250.jpg]

if it doesn't enlarge, the link is here:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcrk7...1_1280.jpg

To this day 127 331 people liked it or reblogged it.

What do you think about the quote? And about those 127 331? Did they like it because this is the way they lived, or the way they wanted someone else to take care of them?

Is this the idea of an ideal partnership?

I read it many times, and I admit the last sentence gives me goosebumps.

Well, it does sound like the ideal relationship!

Unless you're picky and for example look closer at "there's NOTHING you can do to lose my love" which could be a bit extreme...

It's not ideal for a partnership because partners are about helping each other and this describes an eternal child being taken care of by a supreme being (or, at least, an eternal parent).

If say some spirit or god said this to me I'd ask them to instead help me to be strong rather than simply being strong for me while I remained forever weak and dependent. And if a PERSON said this to me...well, it might be well intended, but I'd see it as crazy talk, and under certain circumstances I could be deeply disturbed by it (ETA: and if the said person had fangs and no reflection I'd run fast & far :p ). This isn't about eternal love, btw, it's about eternal dependency of one on another.

LOL Pix.

Yes it scares me both ways... I wouldn't want to be loved like that, or be expected to love someone that way.
And it surprises me that so many people liked the quote.

And thinking about it reminds me of this, done by yet another girl who gave up weak Bella for Katniss as a rolemodel (and Peeta as preferred boyfriend material to overprotective Edward):

This made me want to play with dolls again. Roflmao

I trust it's understandable from its content why I posted it here even for the great many here who I'm sure are unfamiliar with either Twilight (about a vampire who would eternally take care of the grown up child Bella) and/or the Hunger Games.

:biggrin: :biggrin: Pix, you are cynic!