Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
animal cruelty (gordon ramsay)
Crammed into tiny cages, caked in filth, riddled with sores and in agony from broken beaks and wings, these are the ducks used to make "foie gras" for gordon ramsay’s restaurants!

Force-fed so livers swell to 10 times normal size during a two week ordeal in a windowless shed before they are slaughtered for ramsay’s posh restaurants.

ducks lay all around, dead and dying.

What the f***

This is torture, plain & simple. I hope this case (which is front page news) will stop this brutal practices. Ducks are gorgous creatures. No animal deserves this, i could think of some humans...

So im willing to spend that bit extra to buy free range while foul-mouthed pricks like Ramsay can get away with this intolerable cruelty for one reason, food, so rich-ass celebrity can stuff there mouth.

There's been times I've liked Ramsays gruff manner and no-nonsense attitude, though whenever he's not in a kitchen hes comes across as bit of weakling, now we know what a "nice" person he is.

Chickens (for meat and eggs) and turkeys are raised the same way.

Cattle (for meat) are kept in small, overcrowded pens, so they dont roam around losing any weight from the force fed, steroid injected, genetically engineered foods they are forced to eat.

Pigs are raised the same way.

There really isnt any animal that is grown for food purposes that isnt raised in some sort of confined space and force fed artificially enhanced food.

And you cannot believe these places that advertise "free range", as most of them raise their animals the same way, but only let them "out" for an hour or two....if at all.

DrPhibes Wrote:Chickens (for meat and eggs) and turkeys are raised the same way.

Cattle (for meat) are kept in small, overcrowded pens, so they dont roam around losing any weight from the force fed, steroid injected, genetically engineered foods they are forced to eat.

Pigs are raised the same way.

There really isnt any animal that is grown for food purposes that isnt raised in some sort of confined space and force fed artificially enhanced food.

And you cannot believe these places that advertise "free range", as most of them raise their animals the same way, but only let them "out" for an hour or two....if at all.

Well there is, but for a global scale food market it is not feasible and not affordable to eat on regular occasions. My local butcher back at my home town sources his animals from local growers that keep them as per pet standards basically. They are mostly free roaming, fed a normal diet (i.e the cattle are usually grass + supplemented by feed without added garbage in it) and slaughtered in places that are certified humane.

Checking out one of the local growers for his pork, the pigs had plenty of room, they had a run as well where they would wander about, roll in mud near a dam then wander back up to where they slept.

The downside to this is his meat is rather expensive (for example, supermarket pork might be $11 per kilo where he is up to $19 per kilo). He also makes some delicious sausages though that are worth the cost.

Shiner Wrote:Well there is, but for a global scale food market it is not feasible and not affordable to eat on regular occasions. My local butcher back at my home town sources his animals from local growers that keep them as per pet standards basically. They are mostly free roaming, fed a normal diet (i.e the cattle are usually grass + supplemented by feed without added garbage in it) and slaughtered in places that are certified humane.

Checking out one of the local growers for his pork, the pigs had plenty of room, they had a run as well where they would wander about, roll in mud near a dam then wander back up to where they slept.

The downside to this is his meat is rather expensive (for example, supermarket pork might be $11 per kilo where he is up to $19 per kilo). He also makes some delicious sausages though that are worth the cost.

Its different if you live in rural areas that have markets who sell local food supplies like that, but most places do not.

In the country areas where I live, there may be a lot of farms, but most of them have been bought out by food conglomerates, and the farmers are really just there to feed and slaughter.

There are some market stores here that cater to "home grown", "chemical free", and "free range" customers. I was raised on home grown and farm raised foods, and they have a totally different taste than that artificially grown stuff they sell out there.

Chicken, eggs, pork, and veggies have a completely different taste that have been "home grown" the way food is supposed to be grown.

Its awesome if you can find it and can afford it.

DrPhibes Wrote:And you cannot believe these places that advertise "free range", as most of them raise their animals the same way, but only let them "out" for an hour or two....if at all.

I think thats a bit cynical, if you look around some places have lots of information on how animals are kept, and that have virtually 24/7 free range, like shiner said you end up paying bit extra., thats all.

I just find it a bit of a joke that on the shelf right next door to the free range produce you have the cheaper caged eggs etc

honestly I don't like the idea of all the 'guilt-free' meat.

Ultimately, all meat is derived from an animal's death, if you can't deal with it, don't eat it (you go vegetarians! Yeah stand up for what you believe in. But I still kind of like pork).

Yes the production of foie gras may be unnecessarily cruel, but I still think it's a little wrong for people to be putting all the blame on 'cruelty' and yet still eat packaged meat from the supermarket.

If it were up to me, everyone would buy meat straight from the slaughterhouse. If you can't bear to see animals killed, you don't deserve to eat them.

I hate it when people who eat meat go to the markets and see animals in cages or people killing fish fresh and having a meltdown. Bitch the meat you eat from the supermarket is killed in even worse conditions.

having said all that though, fuck Gordon Ramsay.

partis Wrote:I think thats a bit cynical, if you look around some places have lots of information on how animals are kept, and that have virtually 24/7 free range, like shiner said you end up paying bit extra., thats all.

I just find it a bit of a joke that on the shelf right next door to the free range produce you have the cheaper caged eggs etc

Well, it IS a joke....on consumers. Most milk is produced and packaged from one dairy in an area, or one specific milk producing company....but yet its sold under 20 or 30 different label/company names.

Same with eggs and a lot of other foods.

Almost all advertising now days is false, and especially true of the food industry.
The ONLY way you can find out if what you are buying is truly the way it is advertised, is if you go visit the place and take a tour.

A prime example:

Have you ever seen those "happy cow" California cheese commercials? The cows in the commercial are Holstein cows, who are shown to be roaming and playing in fields of green grass. They advertise that these cows are "happy" because they have room to "be free", which supposedly makes better cheese. "A happy cow makes sweeter milk".

Well, I have seen these "happy cows" for myself in California. They are NOT Holstein cows, they are some other type of cow, which are all a solid dark brown or black color. They do NOT roam freely, they are all shoved into cramped pens together, out in the sun with NO shade of any kind. They are out in desert situations, where there is NO grass of any kind, no freely running water.....only dirt and rocks.

These are NOT "happy cows" by ANY means.

Never believe advertising unless you have seen it for yourself.