Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another boycott
VileKyle Wrote:I'll just skin one of those otters and make a tiny jacket.

uh oh, PETA is probably already monitoring you

Fuck PETA! Actually, don't. They'd enjoy it too much and I don't you to catch anything.

VileKyle Wrote:I'll just skin one of those otters and make a tiny jacket.

Um, you should probably leave the otters alone, they're muscle bears in the making - Yum!

TKC Wrote:Um, you should probably leave the otters alone, they're muscle bears in the making - Yum!

I think you're thinking of cubs

There's an idea... I'll skin a bear and trick people into thinking I'm one of them. Brilliant! Wait... what was the topic here again?

TimeSage Wrote:Given I worked for them for a year and half (Well I worked at Sam's club. Same people though), I can tell you it it is not a lie. I was paid 9 dollars an hour to man a cash register. Given that is far above minimum wage and pretty good for a job that requires no real training or experience. They also offer decent breaks (We were REQUIRED to take 2 paid 15 miniutes and a 30 miniute unpaid lunch if we worked more then like 6 hours. Anything less we were required to take 1 paid 15) and offered OK benefits.

They may be evil but the dark side at least offers good incentives.

I "worked" there for six months. I made 9.50/hr, with seventy-five cents shift differential for working nights. We were given 15-minute breaks and a full hour lunch. 20% discount on retail, not grocery. The last month I wasn't even scheduled to work, no one fired me, I asked when I would be scheduled to work again, and it just didn't happen. So I got a job with ridiculous benefits and quit. Walmart can lick my runway.

TKC Wrote:SEE Counselor! Folk from Minneapolis LOVE their Target!

I don't care either way, and I got the hint when we went by the baseball field.

Okay...I am really over people saying that boycotts don't work. The fact is, they often DO work, but press is never given to successful outcomes from boycotts.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/19...-work.html

And the best example for Americans is the Chick-Fil-A boycott. See the link:

http://veracitystew.com/2012/09/19/boyco...y-funding/

There is always power in numbers and when you apply monetary pressure to a corporation...they ALL will eventually listen.